1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

demi gender...maybe??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ruby421, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ruby421

so i have been gender questioning again and i am very tired and confused, i dont feel very feminine...like often at all, but i have never really had disphoria besides a basic thought of "i wish i was a hot guy, that would be cool"...which i guess most teen girls probably dont think...however i have really only felt uncomfortable with my body when it comes to breasts becuase i am fine with a sports bra on, i mean they are there but they arent very big, and now i had to go get a regular bra that actually fit me and i really dont like wearing it to much, i feel really awkward in it, and i am just so confused ugggh

also i really worry about what my family would think if they knew this stuff becuase i mean i am pretty gay for girls they would probably just think i was butch, please help

2. TiaKay

TiaKay Guest

Me too I'm strongeling with this right now so I feel you. But I've learn stuff even if I don't know witch gender I am yet. First of all how long have you been questioning? Is it just that that bothers you or make you confused that you think your not a girl? What can maybe help is that you make a list of what you like being a girl and don't like and an other one of what you'll like in being a guy and don't like. I did that and it helped me. Are you more comfortable with girl clothes or guy clothes? I suggest you to ask yourself many questions and try to answer them. If you want you can also cut your hair short and you'll see if you feel like a guy or more comfortable I've done it and I feel more comfortable tbh. But you never have to forget that it takes time to figure out your gender if your questioning witch is fine and can be hard but you'll explore and learn more about yourself.

3. ruby421

man it is late and i am just so tired but i started making a mental list like you said...and i cant find any personal plus to being a girl and i love guy clothes, i have tried so so hard to be feminine...ok i could have tried harder, but i hate dresses, and skirts, and even shorts and i just feel so awkward with makeup or anything that really shows off my body becuase i always thought that was really stupid because i know most people would be ok with the way i look but i feel so awkward and weird showing off anything.
    also i cant cut my hair my parents would kill me, they would probably kill me if i am not cis as well, i just know i have always gotten so giddy when called he before, but i dont feel like i was born in the wrong body or anything....i dont know i am rambling...

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My advice would probably be: don't rush it. I ID-ed as a demigirl in August and now I'm pretty much demiboy. I've gone through so many labels it's insane. Read up on non binary genders, other NB or binary trans people's experiences or feelings and give yourself time. A year ago I thought I was a girl. Eight months ago I thought I was a demigirl. Six months ago I thought I was agender. Now I'm pretty sure I'm demiflux. Give yourself time to figure yourself out and don't feel pressured into fitting your gender into a box; just go with genderqueer or non binary if that's what you feel fits you.