1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm psychologically preparing myself to come out as trans, I'm scared as shit, I'm thinking through all the possible scenarios and how to anwser possible questions, how to handle reactions. I'm trying to pass a bit more to be convincing. Of course, passing is not a be-all, but I think it's more believable when a female-bodied person who actually acts male (doesn't have to act 100% male, but a tie and opening doors would be useful) says they're trans than if a person who doesn't says it. I dunno.

But I doubt if I'm trans. I don't want anything beyond being treated like a guy. I don't want hormones, surgeries, name changes (my name sounds quite androgynous anyway), document changes, and I like to dress femme and sometimes even act the role of a woman (it doesn't change the fact that I feel like roleplaying). I'm not particularily bothered by pronouns either. I don't want to make fuss, I don't want to be put into spotlight. I'd just like people who are important to me on a personal level to understand and accept that I'm rather an androgynous guy with a female body than a girl. I'm also afraid that nobody would believe me if I don't act masculine enough or don't change my body. I excersice, but I really enjoy sport and I enjoy building some muscle, I'm finally happy with my body since I can keep up physically with the guys and look fit and handsome :icon_bigg:icon_wink There is also a part of my brain that keeps on telling me I'm making it up, because there is no such thing as gender, only sex, and I'm too happy with my female body and looks to be trans. :eusa_doh:

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, never mind. I guess that if I'm taking the effort to come out and present as male, then I'm trans.

3. ruby421

actually have you have thought about maybe being a demi guy? or transmasculine?

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, I'm not sure if I'd call it demi... Don't think "geek", think "Han Solo". Transmasculine could hold well though.

5. ruby421

hahah well you can be the biggest han solo ever and still be a dude, i was trying to think becuase gender is on a spectrum and transmasculine is real close to male but not enough to be ftm and most still sometimes like wearing more female clothes and doing like stuff like that, maybe if you can just start identify as more masculine, and then find a label later, and if you are ready to tell people just tell them you dont have a label yet you are just trying to be happy

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Han solo might have been not the best comparison:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But, well, I would not say demi. I'm a full blooded male XD I'm not really sure why I do not get the ftm mindset though. Male mindset, I get completely, ftm - not. But well, I might be just femme or androgynous.

7. ruby421

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm super confused still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'll stay with being a guy.