1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really fucking depressed

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I AM MEOW, Apr 13, 2016.

1. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been having really bad dysphoria lately. Like lie around in bed all day rolled in a blanket so I can't see myself and also crying myself to sleep bad. I've also noticed that while this has been happening (the last couple weeks) my depression has gotten a fuck ton worse. I've been avoiding going anywhere lately, and I've been starting to have suicidal thoughts again (don't worry, I know very well to ignore them). I just feel so utterly miserable lately.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It happens to most of us every now and then, I think. Gender takes the form of a curse whispering despairing thought after despairing thought into your ear. It's hard to see any ray of light breaking through that big dark barrier. What I try to do when I'm like that (with emphasis on "try"), is to cling as if my life depended on it to every semblance of a happy thought in sight. It doesn't really make me feel much better, but at least it helps me from going mad.

3. suraimuouji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to focus on your body. Distract yourself with enjoyable activities. When your mind is directed towards something else it's hard to get worked up about your body. I know it's easier said than done, but believe me I've been in the same situation and that's what's seemed to help me out. Maybe even vent through the activities, for example vent art. I know drawing is a way I can get my emotions out but you've got to find what it is for you. Remember, your body is not going to be this way forever. As for now you can think of it as a shell. One day you'll be "released" from this "shell" revealing who you truly are. No matter what you look like it doesn't define your gender. As much as society wants you to think that you have to look a certain way to pass as the gender that you are, it's not true. Passing is in your own mind. Passing is being pleased with your body despite the shape or looks. So try to love yourself regardless of what your body looks like. I know you can get through this!

4. YeahpIdk

I'm not sure what to add, so just wanted to stop by and give you a (*hug*)

5. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Sending hugs too... Shitty day all around so a hug sure couldn't hurt. (*hug*)

6. lnamae

lnamae Guest

I'm sorry to hear you're going through that... that really, really sucks :icon_sad: I don't know what to do during times like that myself. I hope your dysphoria goes down soon though... Hope you feel better soon.

7. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here, blankets blankets and more blankets. What I sometimes try to do is just swear it off, like swear at flies and then screw up newspaper and throw them around....I dunno, maybe try to give yourself some leeway to do stuff like that, letting out all the negative emotions. But remember, you won't feel like this for too long, and soon enough you'll see the warm sun at the end of tunnel (*hug*)