1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mtf fat redistrubution

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justine16, Apr 14, 2016.

1. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When on mtf hrt, does fat from the stomach transfer to hips, thighs, and and butt, or does only new fat gained transfer to female areas?

2. KayJay

In my experience some does transfer, not all of it though, it will also take months or even over a year to be noticeable. The new fat will gravitate more towards the more female areas but fat of course will also still go to the stomach.

3. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Should I lose weight before hand? I am 174, and five foot nine with a tiny bit of a gut (not too noticeable)

#3 justine16, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  4. KayJay

I've read that it's easier to lose weight before HRT but that's just from people online. It may just depend on the person. I was told I'd gain weight on HRT, with no change in activity and not the best diet I have lost 20ish pounds. I've probably been eating even worse than I used to. If you wanna lose the weight either way then you may as well start now. Just remember that your mileage may vary.

5. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thx!!!!:icon_bigg

6. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have alot of muscle then you will lose weight on hrt when you lose the muscle. I'm 5'10" with broad shoulders and alot of muscle, 235lb with a 36" waist. My goal is to get to 34"/200lb before I (hopefully) start hrt this summer. I'm hoping that I'll continue healthy habits and muscle lose will get me below 175. That's 125lb less than my highest weight, when I hit 297 in December of '09

7. Lazuri

It doesn't technically transfer, but it can seem that way because you're burning fat in day to day life, but not actually depositing any new fat in the typically male areas. I think the best way to make a quickly noticeable change is to lose as much weight as possible prior to starting HRT and then starting to gain weight (to a healthy amount) when the hormones have started taking hold. That way you remove fat from typical male areas and then build it back up again in typical female areas to gain a more feminine figure.