1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Do I Turn?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Coreamare, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Coreamare

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone. Coreamare here. :help:

Like I said in my welcoming post, this... is hopefully a site where I can find myself and find similar folk who are going through the same thing...

For some time, no, probably all my life I've been struggling with my sexuality. I've come out again and again and nothing seems to be IT for me. I guess you could say.
    About more than a year ago, I've discovered that there is more to LGBT than I knew.. I'd begun questioning my sexuality after getting out of my longest relationship and came out on social media as being a Lesbian. A few days after that, I took the post down.. I didn't know what to do or where to turn.

Here I am today, I'm not sure if I feel more feminine or more masculine... Or even a mixture of both. I'd been considering coming out as Transgender, but even that I'm unsure of, too... I'm also afraid of losing friends. I've gone to online sites and I haven't found a gender/sexuality counselor yet. All I keep getting is the same reaction from whoever I tell about this.. That it's rough to go through and no one should have to go through so much.

So, now, I guess I come to y'all for advice and hopefully a lending hand or two to help me out.. I wanna find myself, I wanna start to journey and end it healthy and happy.

Thanks for your time. :smilewave

2. Cedar

Well I hope you find what you're looking for here! You don't need to be quick to label yourself though, these things are fluid and can take time to understand.

As for losing friends, you can't really control how others react and in a perfect world, you can simply be instead of worrying about coming out to people. If you lose friends over something as simple as who you are, you didn't even need their "friendship".

Again, take your time with this, there is no deadline you need to reach with this. The best thing you can do is experiment.

3. Coreamare

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the kind words, Cedar. I appreciate it.