1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly discovered genderfluid, seeking short hairstyle

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Justyn Rayne, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Justyn Rayne

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!! I am trying to liven up my hair cut. Until very recently, I have always identified as male and had a boring male haircut (and never ever liked it). I've recently discovered that I am genderfluid, and want a haircut that reflects such. I have fairly short, dark, thick, somewhat fluffy, and a little bit wavy hair. (see attached photos, this is current).

I like the idea of something a bit feminine, a bit androgynous , and a bit punky/edgy/fairy. I am considering something asymmetrical, maybe even half shaved. Maybe pixie-ish. I like the idea of growing the top out a little longer, but not a ton. The sides absolutely have to be short (somewhere shorter than current) as they grow out and not down. Something that could be done in both an androgyne way and a more feminine way would be a plus but not necessary.

What ideas do you have? Here are a few pinnterest (NOT MINE) pins of things that spark my interest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rock on!!

-Justyn

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forums, Justyn Rayne! (&&&)

Unfortunately your pictures aren't displaying so I can't see your current cut. :frowning2:

3. Delta

I like a fauxhawk, personally, but I have a rather round, feminine face, and curly hair that works better when short. Undercuts are cute, pixie cuts are freaking adorable, and I recommend going with things that suit your face shape.

4. Justyn Rayne

Out Status:
    Some people
    well now I get it, you can't post pictures here :frowning2: I've just uploaded some to an album called hair, if a mod has approved them yet.

5. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Undercuts are the *BEST* especially if you have really thick hair, getting the long on top and short on the sides really does wonders, and looks good!!!! Especially if you let your hair grow out a little longer, the long on one side, shaved on the other is really punk femme.

#5 Ghostling, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016