1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be more feminine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nobo, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Nobo

Sorry if this post is short but I'm shit at writing so. How can I be more femine? I've always felt like I wanna be just anode feminine guy I'm not into all that Bing and strong stuff I just wanna be more feminine?

2. Really

Different colour shirts? More pastels and/or patterns?

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Femininity is subjective and each person expresses it differently. To become more feminine, ask yourself how you perceive femininity and simply behave in ways that reflect that perception. However, why would you even want to become more feminine, just be yourself and express yourself in ways that make you feel comfortable. Because of the subjective side of femininity and masculinity, behaving in feminine or masculine ways for other people's sake tends to be a bit pointless as people will judge you depending on their own perception of masculinity and femininity which varies greatly between people.

To illustrate this point, I perceive myself as being highly feminine. However, my family perceives me as gender neutral because they see what they want to see and they have different views of what it means to be feminine.

If you want a more concrete answer, being empathetic, resourceful, patient, caring, open minded, educated and intelligent are all qualities that can be associated with femininity. So be kind to people you meet and accept them for who they are, try to grow as a person and teach yourself new skills and enrich your life through reading and studying. Read poetry and go to art exhibitions and become more cultured and learn to appreciate aesthetic beauty.

(*hug*)

Eveline

#3 Eveline, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Watch romantic comedies and you can try to walk like a woman. Imagine a line in front of your path between your feet and step near to this line

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to be more feminine because you believe you ARE more feminine then just be yourself and it will come naturally. But like Eveline said, ask yourself why you want to be more feminine, because really, you should just be trying to be yourself and not being yourself isn't going to make you happy in the long run. But stuff you could do I guess might be; scented bubble baths, caring for animals, dancing, colourful clothes, romantic movies, photography, feminine earings, decorating your room.
    These are just stereotypical things, but they might help you figure out what sort of things feel "right" to you and make you feel happy and yourself.

#5 jaska, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016