1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annual GYN Appointment--FTM

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrereApothicair, Apr 18, 2016.

1. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhhhhhhnnnnng. I had my annual appointment today, and it SUCKED. This is the first time my gyno has left me feeling so vulnerable and wrong and, frankly, violated. It's not like the doctor did anything untoward--I just reacted badly to the normal routine. That was crappy timing, dysphoria. Thanks a lot.:tears:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) have a rare hug from me
    I've haven't had one since I was 13 but I'm probably gonna hate it as much as I did back then.
    But at least its over! Now you can focus on forgetting about it.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for you bro. At least it's over now, yeah?

As for me, over my dead body. I've gotten out of any and all such appointments over the years thus far. And technically, you don't *have to* go if you don't want to. I mean, it's not like they can force you to. As long as you have no health conditions and are well informed and confident in your health of such body parts, you could theoretically skip the checkup. It is well within your legal rights to do so.

#3 Kodo, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  4. Irisviel

I'm not sure what is exactly being checked, but with genitalia, I think testicle or uterus cancer... and both provoke dysphoria for trans men/women. I'd rather get inspected and minimise the risk.

5. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I feel like I need to go--breast and cervical cancer run in my family, so the exams are important. Also, the only way to stay on birth control (I've lucked out and ended up with one that's completely shut down my monthly cycle for the past four years) is to show up for the exam and get the scrip renewed. :shrug:

Thanks for the sympathy, though, guys!