1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to dress flattering when androgynous?!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Apr 18, 2016.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm seriously running out of options. Masculine = looking just plain ridiculous or butch. Feminine = looking like an ugly boy who was forced to wear ladies clothes. I have androgynous features and an alien-like anatomy. I'm of medium height with a high voice and I don't wear make-up. I'm biologically female. I don't know how to dress myself in a way that would be flattering. (I'll try uploading a photo when I get a chance to give you a better idea). Most clothes don't seem to fit me right either. I look especially ridiculous in loose clothing. I wear Uniqlo w(only in linen)&m's buttoned shirts, J Peterman's Mountain Otavalo shirts, adidas tiro training pants w&m, knitted sweaters, and long skirts. I've been thinking of giving up on the skirts, because of how horrible I look in them. I think my best bet may be to wear gender neutral or clothing that accentuates angles? I think something futuristic could look good on me too, but I don't know where to find stuff like this. I'm also on a budget. Maybe, I could find something good in a thrift store? Circa men's 70's - 90's? I should probably start taking some cues from my style icons. :confused: