1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Advice for A Younger Transgender Man?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dairespilo, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Dairespilo

Out Status:
    Some people
    For a few years, I've been seriously struggling with expressing my identity as male, and have been thankful to have support from some (but sadly not all) of the people that I'm out to. Do any other Trans Men have advice or suggestions to a younger teen still trying to fully come out and "express myself?"

#1 Dairespilo, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Figure out what makes you comfortable! It's not a bad thing to play around with clothes, or hairstyles or whatever. Playing around with things makes us what we are, and it's fun!

Don't feel like you have to come out to everyone. Especially if it's unsafe to do so, but even if you like, just don't want to. It doesn't have to be this big deal and eventually people will kinda either just catch on and deal with it, or never realize anything and go on with their lives.

Don't feel like you have to be the manliest man ever. I mean, do what you want, but don't feel any pressure to be the trans male stereotype. It's good to do your own thing and go what makes you feel good about yourself.

Aside from that, don't let people get you down. There's a lot of ways people (both cis and trans) will try to tell you how to be a trans guy. Don't listen to them. There's no one way to be you, and you'll figure out on your own which way is best.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to be vigilant with the people who don't support you. If they're treating you like crap and making you miserable, cut them off. Coming out can be a very sensitive time so making it as easy as you can for yourself is important and people should know that this is difficult step for you. If not, let them know, and hopefully they can understand.
    Also, remember though, that the best way to grow and find your identity and find how to be yourself is too keep trying and exposing yourself to new things. People, friends, adventure and working hard at the things you love. Don't do what I do and isolate yourself if you can help it, because it can really mess with your head and only makes things more difficult in the long run. Good luck and welcome to EC brother! Everyone on here is incredibly generous and honest so don't be afraid to make more threads and posts and all that. (*hug*)(&&&)