1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Genderqueer?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EmptySuit, Apr 21, 2016.

1. EmptySuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just turned 46 four days ago. I just learned the term gender-fluid. I feel the description resonates with me. But am I imagining it? For much of my life, maybe mid-twenties til now, I have identified with male leads in action movies. For the Scorpion King or Van Damme or Stallone, I don't think "oh they are hot." I want to BE them. But I also identify with tough female leads. On a subconscious level, I will speak in male voices rather than female when learning other languages, when I am repeating words in private. I am sometimes attracted to women. But in a romantic rather than a sexual way. I want to kiss, put my arm around her shoulder, buy her dinner,and protect her. But I love makeup and nail polish. I dress in skirts and colorful dresses. Am I making much out if nothing? Am I really genderqueer? I am not a tomboy but sometimes I just feel like a man. I sometimes feel I have the wrong body, than other times I am okay with my body.

2. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You very well might be! You're certainly not imagining your feelings, and no matter your age it's totally okay to start experimenting with ways of presenting yourself and acting. Check out the aspects of things that interest you and try and gauge a more in-depth idea of who you are. and if you have any questions, we're here to help! :slight_smile:

#2 Ghostling, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016