1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else had this? (Advice as well if any :3)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by aceabegq, Apr 22, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been seeing myself as a guy, or more masculine anyway, for a while now. When I wear dresses, even though I'm genderqueer, I see myself as a guy wearing a dress? Or if I have to wear a skirt for school rules, I see myself as a guy wearing a skirt instead of feeling feminine in it?

Just wondering if this was a common thing or if anyone has advice on experiencing this :slight_smile:

-Ace

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its common enough for me these days

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always felt like that. If I have to wear a dress for a special occasion I feel like I'm dressing up as a girl and I get really embarrassed because it's not "normal" for people who aren't girls to wear dresses.

4. HerrinDesFeuers

I don't understand gender and what it means to "feel" male/female, but when I feel like what I think is considered feeling male, dressing feminine is not a problem for me at all. Same the other way round.
    Again, I don't understand gender, I don't know my gender and am not interested in knowing it, but if there is such a thing like gender, it has nothing to do with gender expression for me personally, I think.
    Sorry if it sounds too confusing, but I don't really know how to describe it (which is also why I normally don't talk much about gender stuff on here). Well, nevermind, just my two cents.

5. What If

Out Status:
    A few people
    I went to a catholic elementary and middle school so I had to wear a skirt every day. You would think that after wearing them from 1st through 8th grade I would have gotten used to it. I never did! I wore a dress to 2 high school dances because thats what girls do. I think the worst part about the dresses was everyone made a huge deal of me in a dress and makeup. Looking back at pictures I feel like Im looking at a man in a dress (and did then too) and I dont understand why everyone else cant see it.

6. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I notice this a lot! For me, I feel much much more male when wearing skirts and dresses and makeup than when I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I personally love it.

7. Delta

This happens to me too! I try to be deliberately aware of my gender changes, so it becomes glaringly obvious when my clothes aren't right for my gender. And gender always trumps clothing, so if I dressed up cute in the morning I very well might be a boy in a dress that evening.

8. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Yep. I get it too. Every now and then I used to try on a dress to remember what it felt like... to pin the feeling down of what felt weird about it. That was before gender questioning and awareness really of what trans was. Now I understand what that feeling is, and why I didn't see a girl.

I don't feel comfortable wearing them, but I guess advice would be to stop wearing them if you feel the same or if you're comfortable wearing them that's cool too. I mean, it's just clothes and cis and trans guys can wear whatever they want. You can start buying stuff from the mens or boys section if you prefer a less fem style. Just wear what you feel most comfortable.