1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on Early Transition?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Invidia, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I haven't started HRT yet, but when I do I want to be prepared and have a game play. Like... what do I do?? ;__; Until I can pass in every aspect e.g. looks, voice, etc., I'm thinking I don't want to be fully out... I'm from a small town, people here aren't all that open-minded. >__> But at the same time, the idea of hiding my face in hoodies and wearing sports bras all the time so as to not show anything isn't all that appealing either...
    I'm kind of lost and don't know what to do...
    Any advice?

2. Irisviel

HRT affects people differrently. Maybe first just observe your body, and think of remedies as "problems" appear instead of worrying in advance?

Like, it's hard to predict how the breasts will grow, or how much of a curve you gain. For some people it's more, for others, less. It might e the case that for a while you won't need to worry for visible signs if you dress as male - assuming your goal is to remain in the closet for now, due to safety reasons.

Can't help more as I haven't started transitioning yet, but this is my plan in case I'm forced to present as male - only worry when I actually have something to hide. I have enough of a hard time with everything else, so better solve such problems as they appear, not worry what *might* be the problem.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yeah, I mean, the first few months should be okay, but after that... :/

4. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The honest truth is that different people react to HrT differenly. I have no doubt it will go a long ways towards making you look more femine, but depending on a variety of factors it may do it fairly slowly, or fairly quickly. Physically some people can pass with just HrT and Grooming, but others need facial feminization surgery, as well as a ton of other things. It really varies. Just wait and see.

As far as hiding it, at somepoint you will not be able to hide it, and that point will come long before you have anything else but HrT. I know that's not how you'd prefer it, but it is the truth.