1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would my body pass on HRT? (Warning shirtless pictures)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by irissakata, Apr 25, 2016.

1. irissakata

Hi everyone,

Just now I was talking to my dad, because earlier today my uncle told me that I should start working out again because I had gotten a little fat. So this pretty much has been going through my mind all day, and just now I asked my dad if i had gotten fat and his response was "no your are just getting a more muscular and manly body" that comment literally made me wanna cry because I already hate the fact that I have a deep voice but if my body also is manly I'm afraid I might never pass :frowning2:

So I was wondering if i my body would still be able to look feminine one day, and it could be that I'm stressing out over nothing or exaggerating, but I just can't handle these comments about me becoming masculine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HRT changes the body fat distribution so more of the fat from your stomach is likely to go to your chest and thighs etc. to give a more hourglass figure. Even if you started working out, if you ever stopped then youd lose the progress you make so there's no worry about becoming 'too muscular' to look feminine. Everyone's body changes differently and at different rates so maybe researching the changes of oestrogen (because obviously I'm not at all read up about that) might give you some peace of mind?

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a nice body already, with sort of "clean slate" features (so neither particularly masculine or feminine). What your uncle said about you being fat is ludicrous, as you look thin and have soft features. It appears pretty androgynous as is, though when your chest develops after HRT it will help develop that femininity you want.

Don't listen to them. You are beautiful inside and out.

4. irissakata

Alright, thank you very much for your response Aberrance I will certainly read a lot more about oestrogen, and what it does to the body, I'm sorry if I'm a little uptight with me starting this topic but it's mainly because I tend to be a little insecure about everything every now and then

And also thank you very much Kodo, your words certainly made me feel better and more confident about my body, and it certainly brought a smile to my face ^_^

#4 irissakata, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. Hk470

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Your not fat bro you have a nice shape so don't let your uncle get to you. Either way u can still be fem I seen fem guys with hot tight abs and then some with average body's. What matters is what body type u want so don't let anybody change what u think.

6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You aren't fat and you know it. They just being dicks. You have a soft androgynous body. You actually already seem to carry weight in a somewhat feminine way so I bet HRT will be good to you.

7. AmyBee

It's really hard to say with certainty because different people react with different degrees of change on HRT, but from your pictures I think you have a very solid start. My feeling is the same as the above opinion-- HRT would be really good to you. Also, you are NOT fat. Anyway, yeah, you should study up on HRT. I LOVE reading about it. It's fun! There are also some awesome YouTube videos where people post their timelines and whatnot. Usually I hate the music they choose, but the video parts are always inspiring.

#7 AmyBee, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your body type is exactly like mine if that's any help. I think I do ok. But I use fake breasts often since my boobs are just coming in. But no your body type is just fine.

Wear properly fitting clothes. The right cut dress, a line skirts. All those help with the hips illusion.

Remember not all XY are naturally curvy either.

9. thepandaboss

...she's a trans woman. No need for that shit. She's not a fem guy. Get out of here with that gross misgendering shit.

-

And, yes, to actually answer her question, HRT is powerful and it's definitely going to have a huge impact on fat redistribution and your body's shape.

And whoever's telling you you're fat is full of shit. Frankly, they need to meet me.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually thought you were a woman transitioning into a man, lol. You have a very feminine neck. The breasts still look like a man's, but your body is not that manly... I think you can definitely pass one day.

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

Woah, no need to get that mad. I think it was an innocent mistake. You shouldn't be so hateful toward someone who is trying to make another person feel better.

11. thepandaboss

Um, he misgendered her. There's such a thing as an unwelcome compliment. You don't call a trans woman bro or sir or man. You go up to women sick of being cat called and tell them they should be happy some asshole told them to smile?

12. Mr B

Agree, its not nice being called bro but you can explain this in a constructive way, there is no need to sound agressive, everyone here is learning. More important is whether people are willing to make progress.

#12 Mr B, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was an honest mistake. As you can see, the person who made the comment is straight. They probably aren't aware of how the LGBT thing works.

14. SystemGlitch

There's no need to be aggressive towards people who make mistakes, but at the same time you shouldn't defend them and make out that what they did is okay just because they "don't know how it works". When someone literally says "having a manly body and the possibility of becoming manlier is awful, I don't want to be seen as a man" and the immediate response is "bro you're fine fem guys are cool", do you not see how that might make the person feel worse? Maybe thepandaboss overreacted, but you are making excuses for someone doing what was explicitly stated to be upsetting. Being ignorant isn't an excuse for problematic behaviour...

15. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wouldn't have been a problem had he not been so rude. I never said it was ok to misgender someone. Never did I say that. Thepandaboss could have CALMLY discussed how it was wrong to say that. I agree, what he said was incorrect, but I highly doubt he said it to be mean.

16. SystemGlitch

Like I said, thepandaboss did react in the wrong way, but so did you. You didn't say it was okay, but you didn't say it was wrong either. All you said was "you're overreacting, he doesn't know about the topic and was trying to make her feel better". That's defending the actions and, in a way, reinforcing them because you didn't identify that they were problematic, you only identified the ways in which they were positive. It came across very much as "if a person insults you, it's okay as long as they had good intentions!" I realise you may not have meant it that way, but that is how it sounds.

Also this argument made me forget what I came here for originally... @irissakata I think that you'll be fine. HRT does a lot of redistribution of fat so you should end up with some curves, and honestly I don't think that your body looks manly now. You have quite an androgynous looking body. :slight_smile: Stay strong hon, one day you'll be the beautiful woman you were always meant to be and everyone who ever doubted you can go fuck themselves.

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right, I didn't mean it that way. But my point is, the guy is straight. So many straight people don't understand how this works. I didn't say it was wrong of him to say it that way because I felt that it was an innocent mistake. However, thepandaboss was not discussing it civilly. What the other guy said was wrong. I didn't step in to correct him because I'm not trans and I felt that someone else would CALMLY correct him.

18. SystemGlitch

You don't have to be trans to tell someone not to misgender people... It's also less a matter of being straight and more about being cis. But whatever, this thread isn't meant to be policing the tone of trans people or being aggressive towards people who don't understand what trans means, this thread is for a woman who needs some reassurance. So let's end this here, yeah?

19. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are right. I guess I felt like it wasn't my place to correct them because I'm not trans, and I don't know how to properly correct someone who makes a mistake like that. So, I was waiting for someone else to speak up. I truly appreciate your civil discussion. :slight_smile: