1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I live between genders.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JstALtleMermaid, Apr 26, 2016.

1. JstALtleMermaid

Ever since I was a small child, I enjoyed " feminine" things over "masculine". I didn't want to play or watch aoorts, I wanted to color, play with legos, or play my own imaginary games. Sip coffee and read Nancy Drew while my mother did the same with her books(true story). I would try and walk around in high heels, and fail miserably. Upon hitting puberty, and just entering high school(I was homeschooled up til, and had been moved up, always one year younger), I found friends with the "emo/goth" kids, and fell in love with the style, having never seen anything like it before.
    What I think, and why it's important, though, is that style, is feminine. It allowed me to easily, and admittedly unknowingly, express a side of myself my family sought to suppress. I believe they suppressed it because the Nancy Drew books, my mother fought my father and grandfather over.
    Moving on.
    I began painting my nails, straightening my hair, wearing makeup, etc. I loved, and love it all. Getting so.. pretty. I didn't think of it that way as an adolescent, but I was pretty.
    I even remarked to my mother once, around 15/16, how my waist is naturally feminine.
    It crossed my mind that maybe I was gay, but having seen no men I was attracted to, I felt I must not be.
    However, I find feminine men incredibly attractive. Like, ooh. But, I believe its because they're like me. It's kindred. I like pretty boys, and sharp men, both the images I express to the world.
    My mother once told me she was waiting for years for me to come out. Both her siblings, my aunt and uncle, are gay. So, she would know, right?
    I told her several months ago, I was questioning, seriously this time, my sexuality? She refused to believe it's a possibility.
    I know this is derailing from gender identity, but I'm a thorough person. Genetically, all males are half female.
    We have nipples, we even have mammory glands, and they freaking hurt going through puberty, mine did, at the very least.
    But, I feel very much like a female, while still appreciating my being a male.
    I don't want to transition or anything, I know that. The reason for this particular thread, is a question. Has anyone, or does anyone know someone who has, taken hormone regiments only to the point of feminizing the body shape slightly? How far along is this, and would breast growth coincide?
    I want to be able to express both sides of myself well, I'm told that I'm a pretty attractive person(I don't know if it's actually true or not, but if people wanna tell me so, I'll roll with it.), but my arms, and my face to a lesser extent, are definitely more masculine in definition. My waist/hips I could get away with, but added feminine definition certainly wouldn't bother me.
    So, that's my very long spill for the night. Any and all advice/support is already greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

A lot of what you have talked about fits in with gender expression, which is not the same as gender identity. You can be a feminine male. Also, gender identity has nothing to do with sexuality. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure about hormones, sorry.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Secrets in that what you have described is about gender expression and not gender identity.

Estrogen feminizes the body shape by redistributing fat, so when you gain weight it will go to the same places it goes on a cis woman (e.g. hips). Fat redistribution is one of the non-permanent effects of estrogen, meaning that when you stop hormones, your body shape will change back to what it was before.

You don't have to take hormones and feminize your body in order to express your femininity. Unless you experience physical dysphoria, I wouldn't recommend physical transition.