1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New clothes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Apr 27, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I feel like I have to turn around my whole wardrobe. At least I got some boxershorts and I sports bra (that happens to work very good!). For winter it's not that bad because I already got a few sweatshirts for men. But summer...god no. 1 proper shirt, 2 on the way and the rest is mostly so tight that I can't really wear it without avoiding every mirror in my way. Though I can't spend much money as I need it for my driver's license and I'm saving up for a tattoo. Any help?

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I could help.. I'm awful with fashion...
    Maybe I should spend more time in the closet to get better (bad joke)..
    Most decant cloths are way too expensive if your driving and hoping for a tattoo

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try charity shops or places that sell second hand clothes as they tend to be cheaper. That's actually where I buy most of my clothes - most people in charity shops don't care where you buy from and I'm less likely to meet someone I know.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheapy tees? From a supermarket. You can get men's.

You could need a pair of trousers too.

Have you checked out Hudson's FtM guide? He covers fashion so good...

5. ThatOneAlien

Ugh same. I just had to buy a whole bunch of pants and stuff and now I've got to deal with summer. Thrift stores are good. Sometimes that stuff fits better too if you're short since other people already shrunk them. Keep an eye out for sales and coupons, Kohl's seems to always have BOGO half on T-shirts. Walmart has cheap clothes. Places like Hobby Lobby or Michael's have really cheap plain shirts for screenprinting and such.

6. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Not yet, where can I find it?

I guess short trousers will be alright I need some anyway so maybe I can get my parents to pay. Hope I'll get a job soon, as I'll be finished with school in a few months.

I think I might get a warmer jacket, they will most likely have a sale soon. Thanks! Luckily my favourite leather jacket makes my shoulders wider.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried thrift shops or secondhand stores?

9. anthracite

anthracite Guest

No, and I don't think I'll find any they're pretty rare here. But maybe some cheaper shops.

10. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Are there any male friends you can ask or brothers/cousins if they have old clothes? Thrift stores can be a bit hit and miss as I know in a lot of the ones I've tried the sizes have been way too big or the shirts too worn. But sometimes you can find some good stuff. When I started changing my wardrobe I mostly bought cheap shirts and jeans and shorts from the men's and boys section of the bigger stores. Some of my favourite shirts were like $6 so just keep an eye out. You'll probably need to play around with sizes a bit too, as the guys ones are heaps different to women's. I'll buy men's x-small shirts for example, but boys size 16 jackets/jumpers because the men's ones are way too wide and bulky. Uhh...there are pretty cheap Asian men's clothes on ebay which might be good too? They're different to US sizes so check and measure against shirts and stuff you have... That's all I can think of really :confused:

#10 lnamae, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016