1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice on dressing more female at school while still in guy-mode?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cBri, Apr 28, 2016.

1. cBri

The past few months iv pretty much been itching to try presenting more female out in school. Iv already ditched wearing stereotypical "male" shoes and actually have gotten some really nice comments on this cute pair of flats i bought recently. The opposite when i was wearing booties though (not necessarily rude comments, but a few puzzled looks or "this kid is wearing heels!" from some other students before they go back to fake typing on their computers and cleaning their cell phones :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Iv been a bit more hesitant outside of shoes. Secretly iv been wearing a nice comfy pair of leggings underneath my normal pants, and thats it if that counts at all. (It seems a lot of other girls in my school tend to wear them with some long shirts. Kinda kills me that i haven't got the nerve to try it yet since i love leggings so much).

I'm not sure if its my lack of confidence or just being scared of all the weird stares from others, but as much as i'd like to fully go out in skinny jeans and nice shirts, i don't exactly know if theres any types of clothes that look bad in guy mode and i'm kinda worried i'm gonna make a mess of myself.

Any ideas?

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can get regular female jeans and unless they will be overly decorated (and fit you) people shouldn't even notice. You can start wearing more colourful T-shirts or shirts. Tho female shirts are fitted to different body type and breasts so it might be tricky to find unisex shirts.

You can wear some unisex jeweley (necklaces, bracelets).

Slow changes will let them adapt if you're worried at their reactions.

Cheers.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The under the outer layer may be a good mental thing for you but if you are trying to transition you want to take Kiran's advice and start wearing more generally gender neutral clothes but in a feminine style.

Womens T shirts and jeans are a start. Even if you aren't wearing ballet flats, girls sneakers in more traditional feminine colors are also good.

When you get more brave try a skirt eventually although it depends on your school whether they are willing to let you present female. It's a sad truth that you might get more resistance from administration than other places. Just be ready in case of that.