1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring out my gender identity.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by h4zey, Apr 30, 2016.

1. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys and gals, sorry if I post this in the wrong section I'm trying to find my around here. :lol:

To start off: I've been questioning my gender since I was about 16 maybe a bit earlier but not realising it. But... I more so questioned it when I was 16. I'm now 19, going to be 20 in September, and I'm still trying to figure out my gender. Before all this questioning I was bisexual maybe even lesbian since I was a kid. I've liked females since I was around 8-9 years old. Now, I prefer females over males.

Anyway, I've identified as FTM but now I might be more Genderfluid. The reason why is because I identify as "FTM" and "Agender" I prefer being referred to as "Male" specifically with people I know more. My girlfriend considers me "Male" and I like it. I always like He/Him and They/Them. I dress in the stereotypical male clothing and never female clothing because that's where my dysphoria comes from, as well as socially. I really fight with myself trying to consider myself "Trans enough" or not "Masculine enough" and just overall... accepting myself.

I've thought about Testosterone and looked into it a lot. I know the side effects and complications. The problem is, I don't feel like it's for me. I like being read as male but transitioning medically is a huge step and I'm not used to making huge decisions. [I never really had to] I'd prefer to transition naturally without Testosterone. But I'm struggling because it's a long - complicated process and I don't know if it's worth it in the end - for me? Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. I want to read as male but I don't want to go through all the medical and therapist process. I guess I'm more depressed because in society males are supposed to be strong and stuff...

My dysphoria is more social than physical. I don't enjoy anything stereotypical female because of well... dysphoria. Very rarely I get top and bottom dysphoria, I used to more often but not anymore. I don't get much dysphoria when I'm at home binderless because I'm at home and no one has to look at me. I bind in public because I feel more comfortable with a flat chest because I'm read "Male" in public. I don't get dysphoric over periods either. But, I do have this weird dysphoria where I don't like hugs because people have to touch me and I feel like people are going to touch my "Curvy hips" which is female... I've always suffered from low self esteem too.

But, what gender do you guys think I am? Sorry for the long post. :confused:

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's difficult. You have gender dysphoria, for sure. You have a quite masculine gender expression too. Actually, all you've described is gender expression, maybe except for the fact that you've been questioning for a long time already. You don't need to transition medically - or transition at all - to be trans. I'm sorry i can't help more.

3. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for trying to help! Yeah... my gender expression is masculine and I have dysphoria but it's more social like I said. Actually, when the people I'm not out to use my birthname it annoys me but doesn't give me dysphoria. My girlfriend knows what name I prefer and it's "AJ" which could be unisex? If she used my birthname I think i'd be dysphoric. So the people who would know about my gender issues and still consider me female makes me dysphoric and sad too. I do feel disconnected from myself - like being female isn't me. When I'm around my family I feel like I don't belong because I'm not being myself I guess.