1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deciding if i'm Agender or Bigender [HELP]

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ruki Sakamaki, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ruki Sakamaki

Out Status:
    A few people
    I forget when I stared to consider myself not my bioligical gender(female) but whenever I see myself in the mirror I mostly think,"I don't feel like a girl,that's not me."I think the same way if I think of myself as a guy,but its a mixture of feelings.I just imagine myself as both but I feel more uneasy when I think of myself as a girl. I don't mind when others refer to me as one for some reason.I don't have a problem with using the womens restroom or possibly the guys,sometimes I feel like a guy so I bind and dress like one and other times I feel like a girl. It feels like i'm stuck in the middle between the two, when I was growing up nothing was out of normal, I would play with barbie dolls and act like a little normak girl, but I hated wearing dresses because they were too girly. I wouldn't mind staying like a girl but I don't like when my breasts are noticable. I would like to get top sergery so they would be less noticable and I wouldn't have to bind really. I wiuld still like to dress as a girl to look nice but I would also like the options to dress like a guy when I want to. I can't decide which gender I feel more of but I can't think of myself as a girl even though I like to wear girl clothes.

2. beowoolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel pressured into a label, but I think "non-binary" is a nice one that allows the fluidity you seem to be expressing :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    MODS: Thread belongs under Gender[...].

^Yes, labels are the enemy. No, jk, some people feel they need one and that's okay, but be wary of putting yourself in a box - the point of identifying outside of your assigned gender in the first place is freedom, isn't it? :slight_smile:

Well, if you ever "feel like" anything, you're not agender; agender people don't feel/experience gender (is the general meaning - I think).
    You sound like you might fall well under the genderfluid umbrella to me (e.g. bigender like you mentioned).

PS. Your gender as of now is set automatically to 'Male', just so you know.

#3 Invidia, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah yes, I'll move this to Gender Identity and Expression - where hopefully the original poster will get some more views and advice!

5. Delta

If being a girl is definitely wrong and being a guy isn't quite right, but being both feels right, I would call that bigender. But I'm pro-label, especially pro-accurate and individually tuned labels, so just because that's what I would call that feeling doesn't mean that's what you should choose. You know more about you than we do, even if you have to do some figuring out to know what that means for you.

Is that feeling constant, or does it change over time?