1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted about my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Treble, May 4, 2016.

1. Treble

So you guys probably get a lot of stuff like this, but that's what this forum is for, right?

Anyway, I was born a male, but ever since I started going through puberty I've always disliked having a penis, I still masturbate mainly to relieve sexual energy now and then, but it feels...weird? I guess.

There have also been several times throughout my teen years (like between 12 and 15) that I wished I would wake up as a female.

When I turned 17, I passed it off as just being gay, but I've still never liked having a penis.

And now I'm almost 18, and I think I want to be a female, but I have tons of people (primarily religious people) telling me that "it's just a phase", and that "I'm just going through a hard time in my life", and although I usually don't let it get to me, but...I don't know...

I've also already come out as gay to most people, and I don't know how they'll handle it if I all of a sudden come out as a trans.

Thanks for reading this, anyone have any advice?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Going from gay to trans officially is common, so don't worry about it too much. Really, it's mostly the same thing, right? Either way your meaning is "liking guys", it's just that the describing word for that changes depending on the gendered reference point.

Hmm... So you feel like you want to be a female. Could you please explain a bit further what you mean by that? There are about 3,6 billion ways to be female, so... :slight_smile: For example, does that mean a desire for certain body parts to change, a desire for others to see you differently than they currently do, a desire to wear different clothes, or all, or several of those, or something else?

3. Treble

Yeah "female" is such a vague term :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Really though, I want all of those things. I want to be seen as a female, I've never liked the male "plumbing", I've already been wearing female clothes since I was 15.

Sorry that I don't know how to explain it better :bang:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Okay, so are these feelings constant or do they come and go?

5. Treble

The feelings are usually constant, unless I force myself to think otherwise, which usually only happens when I get a lot of people telling me it's not right.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Okay.

Well... the most important thing is to think about how you want to live your life. A lot of people have some kind of dysphoria and have to decide what to do to feel better about that. For some it's hormones and surgeries, the whole shebang, for others it's just getting called by a different name and/or pronouns, for some it's acknowledging this part of themselves but being okay with their social role and physical body anyway. It really depends on the person.

How have you been thinking about this stuff? Do you think you want hormones etc.?

7. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I am just wondering if you see yourself as fully female or mostly? Because close to transwoman would be demigirl, which means you feel mainly female and another non-specified gender (you can specify it of course). You are not only limited by male or female. Hope this helps :slight_smile:.