1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating - body or mind?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, May 6, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wondered if, when you are dating someone, you are attracted to the body or to the mind? Of course, to date someone at all, you need a sort of friendship and compatibility established, no question. But you wouldn't date just about anyone you like. Or would you? So if someone is for example attracted to women, is it attraction to the feminine body, does the way it's "styled" matter? What does "feminine body" mean to you? Or is it the feminine mind you're attracted to? Then, what does "feminine mind" mean to you? Same with masculinity. Just asking out of curiousty, to know what people think.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can be attracted to presentation [make-up, clothing] , which is usually feminine-androgynous. For example, Boy George in the 1980s. Not sure about the physical body. In terms of the mind, they have to communicate, be assertive when need to be, state what they need/want directly, willing to set at least a semi-formal relationship agreement. I'm not sure if that's feminine/androgynous/masculine.

Saying all this, I've never been in a relationship and not really thinking about being in one.

#2 Secrets5, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm attracted to masculinity. I don't really care about a person's body physically (but masculine characteristics are preferred as well as masculine expression). A person's sex really doesn't have any influence.

A person's 'mind' I'd just infer as being their overall personality. If someone has an ugly personality I tend to be automatically put off and can't find them attractive no matter what they look like physically.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Curious. I personally can be attracted a lot to someone I hate and not be attrracted at all to someone I like a lot, because there is no chemistry involved. It's two completely separate things. I think I'm attracted to some kind of sensual, alive, honest vibe. I find artistic people very attractive, in general. And to the smell of men. I'm definitely attracted to body, and I find masculine bodies attractive more often, things like facial features, lean muscle, nice hair, grace.

5. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm attracted more to the masculine energy.

So, for example, someone who presents in a way that is more masculine and who speaks in a more masculine manner. I don't really mind the body that much. Sure, I'd prefer a more masculine body, but it doesn't really influence the attraction.