1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus size chest binding advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katchoo, May 7, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I'm ok with being and looking like a woman, but sometimes it's uncomfortable. I'm big and super curvy. There is really no hiding the hips, butt, and boobs. Still, I've tried a binder which I had to modify to even get on as well as various sports bras and bandage options to try to minimize. But, my damn have-to-special-order-bras buubs looks terrible smooshed. Like, mono boob, push up, push down, squish out the sides, and still enough of a shelf to catch crumbs from my dinner or give my chin a rest.

Any advice? I mean, other than lose weight and try to shrink.

#1 Katchoo, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...

Did you follow the size chart that the site provided? If you did, the only thing I can think are one of two things.

1) Try wearing another layer of clothing under your binder; like a shirt or tank top. I've noticed when I tried this, it made my chest a bit flatter, but not too flat to where it would look unnatural for a chubby guy like myself.

2) Perhaps you got the wrong size, and need one that's the next step down.

I would say double check again with your measurements and how they compare to the size chart on the site to be absolutely sure. My partner ran into a similar situation, where he followed the chart but the binder was too big on him. That could be the case for you too.

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could not find a size chart becore I ordered it, but its definitely too small. I had to modify it to get it to work at all.

Maybe I dont even know what the androgynous version of my body type would look like. I feel like you have to be super skinny to pull off that look, and the plus size version is like, look, that lady has short hair and a bow tie. Sometimes I wish I had body options and could switch out when I want.

4. Morgana

I feel your pain, but in reverse! I wear breast forms to have boobs at all, and I'm.. shall we say.. generously sized. Ok, I'm chubby. The firs pair of forms I got wound up being a large D cup on me, which was fun at first, but then I really felt like I was overdoing it. I got a new pair that took me down to a nice comfy C cup.

I would LOVE to have some curves (besides the round shape I already have) and am working on it, battling the tasty food monsters that beset me at every turn. (It's my wife's fault for being a great cook, I tell ya!) As it is, I don't really have curves to wear a garter belt since it tends to slide off my tummy, and so have to work a little harder to pull of a sexy look. Ok, a lot harder.

So reverse sympathies from me. And from talking to trans men I have met, would second Daydreamer1's suggestions. Something under the binder smooths it all out. Yeah, you look like a chubby guy a little, but if you're going for a more masculine look, it does help.

Warm hugs!

Morgana

5. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, yeah, the best I have managed so far is looking like a sausage with a built in chin rest, lol

This sure isnt the same, but... I need to buy some regular bras anyway. Ive never had a minimizer bra. I might try that, to see if it helps me feel good without making it look like I have one monoboob pointing straight ahead.

I tried to remeasure today, since I know my band size is hurting lately. Special order rediculousness is somewhere around a 42H. I would need Hermione Granger to apply my binder to make these girls disqppear.... Wait, that sounds awesome on so many levels.

#5 Katchoo, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  6. Morgana

I've always said... if there were a magical or technological way for me to set my gender to how I want to be for a particular time, I would do it in a heartbeat! Perhaps a spell called Alteriam Genderificus to continue with your Harry Potter analogy :grin:

I did not know with what cup size you were dealing when I seconded the above suggestion. I will defer to more experienced folk in dealing with such issues.

In the meantime, I am going to continue my magickal researches!

Witch Morgana