1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A must read for those of us that choose to participate in online discussion openly

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Just Jess, May 8, 2016.

1. Just Jess

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: A must read for those of us that choose to participate in online discussion openl

Thank you! really great article, will definitely return to it in the future.

(Just don't read the comments... sigh)

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: A must read for those of us that choose to participate in online discussion openl

I've dealt with idiots like this before.

They are usually almost entirely ignorant when it comes to trans issues and people but they like to think that their opinion is some how equal to someones who actually knows what they're talking about.

Just to clarify, its not bad to ask questions about stuff you dont understand... Just be a little more humble about it.

4. Synesthesia

I've been getting involved in too many 'discussions' lately. I haven't dealt with this, but people who are far more unreasonable tbh. Obsessed with strawmen arguments/putting words in your mouth, refusing to acknowledge biological differences because they're one sidedly obsessed with social constructionist theory, insisting non-binary faab individuals are insulting to masculine women as though masculine women will somehow be pushed into identifying as non-binary (bizarrely ignoring the existence of maab non-binary people.) I'm just ranting now though..

#4 Synesthesia, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I tend to just post this link to their ignorant comments then move on. I know its not a perfect article but it does help get some basic enlightment through

6. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Love it. Bookmarked.

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

There are a lot of concern trolls in the LGBT community, where you'd least expect them :|

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

TBH, they're usually where I most expect them.

Its usually gay cis-males within the LGBT community or just cis-males outside of it.

Thats my experience anyway.

#8 Robert, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  9. Just Jess

Well in my experience the gay dudes I've met have been some of the coolest people I've ever known.