1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender, needs some help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Callistope, May 11, 2016.

1. Callistope

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've realized my gender a few months ago, and I recently got the opportunity to get a haircut. Being born female, my hair was sort of long. Now that my hair is a lot shorter, I feel a bit more comfortable with my appearance, and I've been wondering if I should try to make a homemade binder. ( Can't afford a professionally made one. ) I heard that using bandages could potentially break your ribs, and I'd rather not do that.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can't get a binder there are lots of programs that you can apply for to get one for free. One you can check out is:
    FTME Free Youth Binder Program – FtM Essentials though they'll only send out if you're under 24 and live in the US.

You can do a Google search for "free binder programs", or if you're smaller, you could always try sports bras (I recommend getting the high compression ones, again if you're smaller, I'm not sure how effective they'd be for people who have bigger chests unless you use 2 or 3).

Also, if you're not already aware, try not to wear it for more than 8 hours and take it off if you have any pain. Here's a good site to have a look at:
    Hudson's Guide: FTM Binding

Good luck.

3. Callistope

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alright. Thank you! : )