1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly moving, chance for a new start?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cattykit16, May 11, 2016.

1. Cattykit16

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing is really final yet, but my mom and dad are considering moving to another city for work-related reasons. Dad asked me if I would be okay with the move if it were to happen, and I told him I wouldn't mind the change of pace. I only know a few of my classmates that I can honestly consider friends, and I already have their social media stuff, so it's not like I'll be loosing touch with them or anything. And then I started thinking about the possibility of getting a fresh new start, which honestly got me the most anxious. Transitioning at my current school would be way too risky, since most everyone there is 110% anti-trans, but since nobody will know who I am at the new school, I could probably get away with identifying as female without anyone knowing I'm trans. Again, this will all depend on if my parents actually decide to move, but if they do decide to do this, I'm honestly considering going through with it.

Would it be a good idea to start transitioning during the summer and getting a fresh start during the fall, or should I just hold out for a little bit longer? And if I do end up moving and transitioning, what advice would you give me for surviving the second half of my high school career as a woman? Sorry if this is a bit unfocused and rambly, this is usually how I write when I need to get some sleep. :lol: