1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stuck in myself!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShotoutToMe, May 14, 2016.

1. ShotoutToMe

ShotoutToMe Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So Iv'e been questioning a lot myself about my gender and Iv'e finally figured it out! So it made me a trans guy. The problem is that I can't come out and have to be stuck in myself because my mom is not supportive and my family too Iv'e come out to my mom as bi and she's not dealing with it but my friend does and my dad (he doesn't have control on anything so not helping). A while ago Iv'e made the step to cut my hair and that's how I figured it out that I was trans and felt more comfortable and myself so Iv'e changed my style and my mom always tells me that I look like a guy and says many negative things about how I look and it hurts me but I try to tell her to stop or whatever and it's nor helping. I'm scared that my mom figures out the thing and she already asked me "Why are you like that your not a guy" and it huts me sometimes. I just don't know how to just try to forget that I'm trans because of my mom. I can't do my transition now cause I'm not ready, because of my mom and family and because I don't wanna be a trans in hight school even if there is two of them already at my school (trans guys). So I wanna wait till I'm 18 cause I'll leave for college so I won't live with my mom anymore. But I just don't know what to do cause even some people think I'm a guy in public and my mom thinks it's bad. Even my mom is forcing me or will force me to dress up like a girl but I don't listen to her. The problem of her is that she doesn't listen to me or try to understand when I explain or tell her something she always says negative things to what I say. For a while Iv'e been presenting myself as a guy on the internet to internet friends and whatever and I feel better presenting myself like that cause I don't even feel like a girl I even forget that I'm a girl sometimes.

Does anyone has advices??

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom is kind of the same. But I am 23 so it doesn't really matter. Idk why she finds my gender presenation so threatening. I'm not even out as trans to her but I haven't worn women's clothes since about ninth grade. I haven't shave my legs since seventh grade(and they are haaaairy) and she is still somehow grossed out by them. I only recently grew out my underarms and showed them to her just to see her reaction (again, they are incredibly hairy. Probably more than a lot of cis men's) and her reaction was pretty priceless XD. I usually chalk it up to her being ignorant and insecure. She herself is extremely hairy if she didn't do anything about it, and she pretty much removes every hair via laser, electrolysis, shaving, plucking etc. Also, she kind of hates men secretly. Sometimes when I would come downstairs in cargo shorts with hairy legs and a muscle shirt, she would comment with bitterness "you look just like your dad," (who is a skinny gorilla in cargo shorts) which I think she means as an insult, but it made me happy.

It's hard for parents to let go of their control and start seeing you differently. My mom used to dress me as girly as possible so the way I look now is probably strange to her.

#2 Rickystarr, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016