1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you tell me if this is dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by acrylicjams, May 14, 2016.

1. acrylicjams

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey so I'm still in the middle of a panic. At the beginning of this panic, I was really sure I was comforable in my body, and I still think I am, but I think I scared myself into thinking I'm experiencing dysphoria?? I really and honestly don't mind my breasts. They are pretty small and I think they're nice. But I also don't mind the look of wearing a tight sports bra. I am fine with saying I have breasts. Also, I feel okay but neutral with having a vagina. I absolutely do not feel the need for a penis. I'm still questioning my gender though. I don't feel the need for a deeper voice or facial hair either.

#1 acrylicjams, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like you have dysphoria. You're fine having breasts and a vagina (I don't think anyone is particularly excited about what they've got in their pants; feeling neutral about it is completely normal) and don't feel the need to change that. Hopefully you're not still panicking but if you are, breathe deeply, try to calm down, and remember that you feel fine in your body. Your brain can try to convince you of a lot of crazy things when you're panicking, but you don't show any signs of having dysphoria, so I really don't think this is something you need to worry about.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like you had an anxiety attack. It is common to have intrusive thoughts when going through such an attack and it sounds like that's what you experienced. Breath deeply, listen to some relaxing music and distract yourself. I hope you feel better soon. (*hug*)

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with her. I have plenty of anxiety attacks myself, and intrusive thoughts are more than common with them. Keeping calm isn't always easy, but it is manageable.

I do not think you were experiencing dysphoria. It's possible you worked yourself up a bit.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yes, it doesn't sound like dysphoria

6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You haven't said anything that says you aren't okay with your assigned sex or want to be the other one so I'd say naw.