1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find a label that fits...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Generic Name, May 16, 2016.

1. Generic Name

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This has been a recurring thought over the past couple of days... I *genuinely* feel bad if I classify myself as being a 'trans female', simply because I've made no "real" steps towards a transition. I feel like I'm actually letting the trans community down, all because I'm still "100% male".

Am I wrong for thinking like this? :/

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not letting anyone down! Some people wait their entire lives, knowing they're trans, without actually transitioning. You can call yourself whatever you want, you won't let ANYONE down!

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I consider myself closeted trans just because I feel male inside and want to do something about it. It is really a feeling I think.

4. Generic Name

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alrighty then, I'm a flying spaghetti monster xD. But in all seriousness, thanks :slight_smile:

I feel somewhat the same, but female. A few of my friends know about this, and I sorta regret telling them :/

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify on here and on reddit as a transwoman even though I'm not sure if I am or not (I know I'm not cisgender, but apart from that I'm not sure) and I'm miles away from transitioning, if I do ever transition.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't make you a bad person to think that. It's something a lot of people struggle with when they're coming to terms with being trans. I've definitely had feelings of guilt or discomfort being called a guy or being called "he" because I don't look like one, and I haven't transitioned physically. It used to feel like I was not male enough to deserve being called a guy. Here's the thing: you're not letting anyone down. Lots of trans women are in the closet and haven't taken steps in their transition. The fact is, you are not 100% male, even if you haven't made any physical or social changes, because someone who is 100% male does not feel female inside. The insides count too, okay? You're allowed to call yourself a trans woman even if you haven't started to transition.

7. Jellal

There's always going to be someone out there who thinks you're not "trans enough."
    Might seem like a nasty reality, but in a way I think that knowledge could help to take some of the pressure off. Since you'll never please everyone, there ain't no sense worrying about it.

8. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Labels aren't anything to stress over