1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any advise?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hinajh, May 16, 2016.

1. hinajh

so iv been questioning my gender identity for awhile now but still haven't figured anything out. but what I'm worried about at the moment is that I'm going to be starting counseling soon for depression and anxiety and i don't know whether or not to tell them about my questioning. lol just concerned that they would go and base everything on that or something. I don't know. anyone else have any experience?

2. xAce

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am currently in therapy for depression, bipolar, and anxiety and for sure I brought up my gender dysphoria. My therapist didn't say that I'm depressed because of it and didn't blame everything on my dysphoria, he just understood that because of my confusion I was more depressed and anxious than normal. I personally think that you should tell your therapist. They are there to help you and a good therapist would see that your questioning is only a part of your depression and anxiety, not a cause.

3. Sandmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it would be a good idea to mention it. It probably isn't the main cause of your depression but it could be adding to it.