1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Glowing Eyes, May 17, 2016.

1. Glowing Eyes

I certainly had my fun over here with people who've actually got a clue as to what I'm feeling but enough's enough and I'm getting out of here. I don't want to create false hope for myself. I don't want to give myself anymore false hope that I'll escape this lie of a body anytime soon. I know I'll never have my childhood or live life the way I was supposed to and it all makes me question why I'm so afraid of death in the first place. I'm just yet another stupid spoiled, selfish, self-pitying brat and there's no escaping it. Bye. I wont be coming back here for a while.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)

I remember how hard it was for me during those first few weeks after coming out and how worthless and alone I felt. It can be so hard and I'm sorry you need to cope with this at such a young age. Your past posts painted to me a picture of a kind and lovely person. Your life does have a huge amount of meaning and I'm sure that in time your family will see you and accept you for who you really are. Sometimes we do need to take a break but please reach out to others if you sink too low. We do care about you and if you ever need to speak, I'm here for you as are many others. (*hug*)

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi there. First, when you say you're leaving, please tell me you mean leaving EC? Because it almost sounds like you mean suicide.

It's easy to be self-critical and bitter. I know that all too well. But also know that things may look up for you in the future. No, we can't go back in time to have a "normal" childhood, but we still have a chance to live from this point on how we choose to. If you keep on moving toward what you wish for, I think things can't turn out too bad.

Do take care of yourself, please.

4. fenestra

Finding your sense of self is a lifelong journey. And, even at 37, I can still admit to to being a stupid, selfish, self-pitying brat; it comes with the territory. And it's understandable to be that way; we're just sorting it all out in a world that's not always kind. But sometimes it's good to step away from it for awhile when you need to.

Hope you don't remove yourself from the community for too long. Isolation can be healing but only in small doses. You may need the mirror of others to help you figure it out. And they need you to help them figure it out too (even those who have a hard time accepting you for who you are/who you are becoming).

#4 fenestra, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really sorry to hear that and I'm sure we all wish you would stick around. Other people can be helped just by reading your posts and knowing they are not the only ones who feel that way.

I must admit that I have also had the feeling that I am just whining for no reason and being selfish and I should be grateful just to be alive and surviving when there are other people who have to struggle to find food. But everyone's pain is valid and you shouldn't compare your struggles to others.

You are young and I know that doesn't make you feel any better right now, but some day you will have the freedom to express your true self.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't go.

There is a video up on YouTube that encouraged me when I was in a similar place, and I think it would help you as well. Look up the title "Transgender Suicide" by the user ElectricDade. Even if you are not suicidal, this is a very good video. Please watch it.

Margo, I know you are in pain, and I'm so, so sorry. I hate that you feel this way, because I have been there too and I remember what that's like. But please do not give up hope. You are a beautiful, valuable, and strong young woman with your whole future ahead of you. One day you will be free from your parents and all these things holding you back.

Stay strong, sister.

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there - just wanted to echo others and say that I hope you do stick around. Can you tell us more about what's happening? Did something go down recently?

If you'd like to talk 1-on-1, feel free to send me a PM also. :slight_smile:

8. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Glowing Eyes: Please stick around!!!

Please, it may seem overwhelming now, but i can assure you are among people who will listen.

I know what it's like not to fit in with what society dictates you should be. I am here to tell you that it does indeed get better. Please stick around and talk to us!