1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sorry I over-reacted

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Glowing Eyes, May 18, 2016.

1. Glowing Eyes

Yesterdays thread was just me trying to get the frustration of my mother's disappointing reaction to my coming out. I feel kind of guilty to be honest considering there's parents who kick out their children or send them to conversion therapy or harass them. I should still be thankful that my mother's not a bigot. The way she denied my gender just irritated me so much and made me realize how far away transitioning and being myself really are that I had to let my anger out somehow (I have some anger issues). Maybe it was because of how many thoughts of transitioning I am/was having recently and how this kind of made me wake up to reality. In addition, I was already stressed out from schoolwork and the like and this just tipped me off the edge. I shouldn't have acted so irrationally.
    I'm not actually gonna leave the forum since this place is really a source of hope for me and taking that out of my life wouldn't help me one bit.

#1 Glowing Eyes, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)
    It's fine, everyone's got those moments. I'm happy you're feeling better now. Telling your mom is at least one step forward, I think you're very brave. And... it's quite common for parents to dismiss those things as phases, so don't worry about it.

3. Glowing Eyes

Thanks emerry :slight_smile:

#3 Glowing Eyes, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. Lazuri

Takes a big person to apologize, even if it wasn't something you had to apologize for--trust me when I say most of us understand. Glad you're staying.

5. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We all have most likely said one (at least) regrettable thing here..
    I went on a rant about pro feminism and I paid the price

#5 SillyGoose, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016