1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring myself out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sealgirl19, May 18, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

Growing up I was a tomboy who kept to myself. I was never really one to gawk at guys and my favorite colour wasn't pink. I haven't had a relationship until I was 19. I only had two relationships and they were hetero.I felt uncomfortable when having sex with the guys I had sex with.I feel uncomfortable because I'm not sure if I could claim myself as Lesbian. I haven't been in a relationship with a women and I only experimented once when I was young. I'm just unsure of what to call myself at this point.

My question(s) would be

Is to late to claim your gay if you've been hetero relationship(s) first?

Is it normal to question your sexuality at age 24+?

Is it to soon to tell that I am what I am?

(Sorry for rambling)

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its never really too late to claim, some people don't realise until a lot later, and its perfectly ok, questioning is a thing that can really happen at any age or time.

One thing to consider is that sexual preference isn't just "I'm straight" or "I'm gay", its a whole spectrum. Some people are directly inbetween being straight or gay, or some prefer more masculine people over more feminine people, some can nearly 90% be attracted to feminine people, but then still have around 10% of an attraction to masculine people, Some people prefer agender people, it all really depends. While I may be wrong for some people, most of the time, people bend the labels a little as it is, just to get how they generally feel for the most part.

I cant tell you what you are and what you aren't, as I dont want to force you into a box, but just know that its ok to question, and its never too late to question and its ok to question even if you have had previous relationships.