1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange feelings today

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, May 19, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just feel like I'm living two lives. I know a lot of transgender people say they experience this, but for me it is a first time feeling.

I spent the last year questioning my gender and talking about it on here or other sights. I got use to knowing myself as Matto or Ryan. A trans guy. I got use to feeling like it was the most normal thing in the world.
    Now that I'm back in school I have to be Stacy again. I think the lack of feeling upset about that bothers me to a degree. The lack of not being upset about having to use the female restrooms, or being addressed as she, and such things bother me. I feel as a trans man I should be constantly upset by the fact that I am a "girl", but it just doesn't. I still constantly think about being a boy, but for the time being I have to be Stacy. When I get home, or log onto EC between classes I get to be Ryan.
    I do grow uncomfortable when we talk about where we see ourselves in five years, because saying I see myself working on a masters and living full time as a man doesn't seem to be the smart answer to give in the state that I live. In Human Sexuality, when we're talking about penises and vaginas, and what arouses males and females, I am constantly reminded that I want to be apart of the male side. ( I also cringe at the lack of representation for non-binary and intersex individuals)

I don't I guess being around people makes me confused about my gender again. In private I have no doubt that I am Ryan, but once around other people I seem to fall back into the default of Stacy. Kind of like being a shape-shifter who can shift between the two depending on who I am around. I seem to let those around me decide who I'll be, and it is annoying as hell.

2. Lazuri

I don't feel like I live two lives, but recently I've started feeling like I'm in some sort of in-between state where I'm neither male nor female and since I don't really identify or understand non-binary identities (wholly support them though, of course.) I feel like I'm just completely outside society at this point. I don't know how to act, what to say, how to look--I feel like a ghost who is waiting for their new corporeal body.

So I guess instead of feeling like I've two lives, I'm feeling like I have no life.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a good way of explaining how I feel as well.

4. Glowing Eyes

I kind of feel this way butthat one of my lives feels fake and the other feels like its just starting. The life I live in public feels like one of those really boring movies (like the Matrix 2) and my life on EC feels like the intro to my real life. Am I making sense?

#4 Glowing Eyes, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are making perfect sense.
    I'm not sure how to cross the lives over. I want girl life to end and my EC life to become my life in the real world as well.