1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accident while I was drunk

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, May 19, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So I did something stupid at a party...I was quite drunk already and when someone called me by my real name I just yelled: "My fucking name is Seth!" Got me some confused looks. Another girl noticed that I wore one of my new (male) shirts, so I'm a bit afraid of rumors. We live in a small, boring town with a love for scandals. If somebody asks something about it...should I be honest or better shut up and lie? Somehow I think it would be easier to say: Yes, I'm trans, live with it, but on the other hand I don't want to be the new source of entertainment for stupid people.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the end you're going to have to come out sometime. If the option to say something now presents itself it may be worth taking it up. In the end it's down to whether you're ready. I think that plays a big part in whether you should or not. Even if you really want to come out you need to be ready to deal with any consequences or negative reactions it brings, IF it does. There's no saying what might happen but you have to be prepared.

What I'd suggest is tell some close, trusted friends first who you are pretty sure will accept you so that you have some support and people that will be there for you when you tell everyone else. As long as you try to educate people then youre doing all that you can and some people may stay ignorant. Try to remember that it's their problem, not yours. As long as you have your close friends and some support who cares what other, insignificant people do? You should be allowed to finally be who you are because it sounds as though staying hidden is stressing you out a lot.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

You're right. In case someone finds out, I should better be brave. Though I'll try to see a therapist before outing (and the get the boring formalities done to start T). But I need a plan B. I'm not the most popular kid around. I'm intellectually gifted and therefore the freak anyway. I didn't try to hide it which seems to have pissed lots of people of. So that's another weak spot of mine. I can see some bad fights incoming. When I was a kid, I went to a birthday party in a castle (girls all around) and everybody wore a dress. Not me. I'm not a princess. I'm a prince, okay? I was crowned to scandal of the month -.-
    My parents and close friends already know.

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in your current position where close friends (about 10) and parents had known for a while and were supportive. It took me a few months to work up the courage to come out to everyone else, what spurred me and gave me the boost to actually do it was going round my friends' house and having her there to act as a support when I posted my Facebook status.

Dwelling on it only makes it more difficult and you might actually be surprised with who supports you. I'd recommend making a Facebook status because it gets the word around and it allows those who do support you to add your new account, or you can change the name of your current one.

But yeah, speak to your therapist, they might be able to give you some support or advice on how they think is best to come out. If you ever want to chat or want some encouragement then feel free to message me.

#4 Aberrance, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the thing is, as was said, when your ready is best but i've never been able to put the tooth paste back in the tube so to speak. and as for folks and gossip, that's gonna happen no matter where you are, small town Germany, big city Canada and all around. your family and true friends are supportive, so i would lean on them when you need. just my 2cents of course.

6. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I don't know if I want it on my facebook page. I mean one day I hopefully pass (and when I look in the mirror I think that might be soon after starting T) and I really don't want any of the people I'll meet know. I think I need to take some time and procrastinate it until it's neccessary.