1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders and Chest Aches

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mojan, May 23, 2016.

1. Mojan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I wore my binder 5/7 days last week and my chest aches but it's a mild ache. I'm pretty sure its caused by the binder because I tried wearing it this morning but this aggravated it. I ended up taking it off an hour later which made me feel a lot better. It's a GC2B binder but I don't wear it for more than 8 hours. Why am I experiencing the aches and will they gradually go away? I'm sorta new to binding so I'm panicking a bit.

2. Delta

I also have questions about what is and isn't "normal" considering we're literally compressing our ribcages all day. I get feeling super tired pretty quickly and I start feeling down toward the end of the day. I get chest aches if I wear it for too long (I'm bad about that) and after the one time I stupidly fell asleep in it, that hurt.

All my aches have faded away and they don't come back once they're gone. Mind you I can re-cause similar aches, but they don't come out of nowhere.

#2 Delta, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be too tight, maybe? I wear an underworks tank one that is a good fit, but I wear it more than I should, 7 days a week from the moment I wake to when I fall asleep for about a year. That's thirteen hours a day, I think. I sometimes get burning pains in specific spots and i can't walk to school because my back starts really hurting. Also sore neck and middle of my back sometimes from not being able to sit up straight. When I did try the gc2b one that was a half tank, it felt way less comftable and like it was squeezing between the bones of my ribs. So if you've got the half one you could try switching to a full length, I guess. It doesn't sound like the kind you've got is right for you, so I'd say to find something better.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it hurts so much may I suggest layering and a black t-shirt, and stuff like this?

Stay safe, guys, if it hurts, your body is signalling you probably shouldn't do it, especially the burning pain.

Just patronising.

5. Mojan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Layering?

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This actually happens to me with my gc2b half tank too. I take it off as soon as I get in because my chest is in so much pain and I don't know why it happens. I have an underworks tri top too and I wear that 99% of the time now. I only wear my gc2b when I have to, if my underworks hasn't dried once I'd washed it.

I can honestly vouch for underworks over gc2b, I know a lot of guys rave about gc2b but so far my underworks experience has been a lot more comfortable and they bind about the same for me (I have a pretty small chest). I'd really suggest investing in an underworks if you can afford it, they sell them on Amazon to save you having to buy from their site and pay shipping prices from America.

#7 Aberrance, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine hurts my back a bit but I think I would be concerned if it was hurting my chest. I have an umderworks full length.

9. ThatOneAlien

I've had this happen with my GC2B binder. I dont wear it that long either and its not even especially tight. I haven't tried any other binders yet so I'm not sure how they compare but I'm definitely going to once this one wears out. I'd suggest wearing your binder as little as possible for a while until the pain goes away.

10. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A mild ache isn't a big deal. It's just a sign to be cautious. Definitely don't bind more than you already do. If it's possible to wear your binder for a somewhat shorter amount of time each day, do so. If, at any point, your chest starts to hurt more, stop binding until it feels better. When you resume, bind for shorter periods of time.

When your body isn't used to binding, it might not be ready for 8 hours a day. It's often recommended that you try to build up to 8 hours a day, starting with only 1 or two hours the first day and increasing each day after that. Also keep in mind that everybody's body is different. 8 hours is the standard recommendation, but it doesn't work for everyone. Some people can bind 12 hours without any pain or discomfort. Some people can only go 5.

11. thepandaboss

I know it sucks and it's not ideal but try to take some more breaks from wearing it when possible. I'd also recommend switching to a lower impact binder (or even a sports bra) for those days when you are taking a break but don't want to deal with the dysphoria of having an unbound chest (that's what I do).