1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel invalid/not real

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by littleraven, May 23, 2016.

1. littleraven

I freak out because some people say that non binary folks ads faking it or not real and that there are only two genders one can be. Boy or girl. I feel awful and like I'm not even real. I feel really uncomfortable with my body and I'm insecure about my gender identity. It's so frustrating. I don't feel valid as a human being. :tears::bang: What if both man and woman feel off for me. I don't have a sense of gender that they would have. What am I supposed to do? Suppress? Lie to myself? It's a miserable thing.

#1 littleraven, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel this way, or this the way people make you feel?

3. gryf

There are more than 2 genders.

I'm not sure if they all have names, but I know it's true.

You feel. You are real. Your emotions are real. Anything anyone else says will not make your feelings invalid.

4. Morgana

"Some people" say a lot of things. "They" say I'm weird because I wear panties every day instead of boxers. "They" say I'm not normal because sometimes I feel like a woman and others I feel like a man.

Non-binary people are real. YOU are real. Never mind what "some people" say. I'm not faking it, so I doubt you are either.

No matter what they say, you're still a person. Still a human being, deserving of care and respect and politeness. You can still find love and be who you are. I'll leave you with some lyrics from a really really old song (gods, yes, I'm actually that old)

And if it's bad, don't let it get you down, you can take it.
    And if it hurts, don't let them see you cry, you can make it.
    And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on you moving.
    And if they shout, don't let it change a thing that you're doing.

5. littleraven

Thanks, guys.

Probably other people. I don't know how I come across people who cause me to feel to terrible about myself.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Gender is complex. The binary is made up as an instrument to sustain privilege. I'll give you a reason why being nb makes you awesome pancakes:
    You're doing society a favor in that you're challenging society's ideal that gender is just black or white, blue or pink, while in reality it's tangled like yarn. You're the crowning jewel of freedom of expression. :slight_smile: (*hug*)