1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtMs- binders

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ArtFtM, May 23, 2016.

1. ArtFtM

What has been your favorite binder fellow transmen who bind/have binded? Was it hard finding a size proberly suited for you? How long did your binder last before you needed a new one? I'm looking at underworks, gc2b, and t-kingdom but leaning towards gc2b from the reviews I saw on youtube. I've binded with ace bandages and layers when I first came out 4 years ago but I haven't binded since in a year or two. Thanks from Skylar/Sky

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a GC2B binder, I believe.
    It holds up well.
    I'm a size medium, fits perfectly.
    The seams are kind of coming apart from being washed so many times (Probably why is says hand wash and hang dry only.)
    Been with the same two black full chest/stomache binder for about 7/8 months now. won't need a new one any time soon.

#2 iamjustababy, May 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  3. ArtFtM

Thank you Stewie!

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've personally heard better things about underworks, which is what I have. I am a small and it is quite comfy. I haven't washed it yet though.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have three binders (gc2b, underwors, and loveboat).

Loveboat: It's my oldest binder, and I've had it since I think 2012. I have the Air Max model, and I love it a lot. The back is a mesh material, which makes it very breathable and comfortable; especially in the summer so you don't feel like you're sweating as bad.

Underworks: I have their swim binder, and it gets the job done well. It compresses nicely, but I find that my movement feels a little restricted. I've used it as a secondary binder, but I don't see me wearing it outside the pool anymore.

GC2B: I got one recently, and I really love it. I feel like I'd enjoy it more if my back didn't hurt. I'd totally recommend looking at these guys if you're looking for your first binder.

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so exciting! GC2B has a size that actually fits me! Yay for a company to handle my size!! I'm so excited!
    (!!):thewave::thewave:frowning2:!!)

#6 Katchoo, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had great luck with my GC2b binder. I also liked my underworks binder though. The main thing that I like more about the GC2b binders is that they are cooler, which is great in the summer and when I am working. The underworks binders did not ventilate as well. The GC2b binder also does a better job binding on me. It looks more natural.

8. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone can find a working GC2B promo code / coupon code, please post.

9. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gc2b half tank and an underworks tri top. Personally I prefer underworks. The neckline is bigger so it's more hidden under clothes. I have a pretty small chest and they both bind about the same but my gc2b leaves me in quite a lot of chest pain even after only a few hours plus I'm constantly having to keep pulling it down which is a pain. My underworks doesn't need adjusting throughout the day, its so comfortable and fits really well (I got the small in both brands).

#9 Aberrance, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  10. Delta

I've had 3 GC2B Half tank binders and I love them. I wear them like 3-5 days a week, they're comfier than bras. The back pain is an issue for me, but I've had a messed up back for a long time before I started binding so that may not be your experience.

I've also had a handful of ancient fish king binders. Trust me. Don't do it. They are cheap because they are bad.

11. ArtFtM

Alright thanks so much guys! I can't get a binder for another year but I very luch appreciate the advice! - Skylar

12. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I got an ancient fish king binder, and it was not long before I just threw it in the trash. It made me feel discouraged and fat and impossible. Don't waste the money.

13. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gonna ressurect this...i just got a new binder in the mail, finally. Like a month after ordering. It is Les1980, a cheaper one from China. It is much different than my underworks one. For one thing, I am a small in underworks and a large in Les1980. The Les1980 is much easier to put on, but then you also have to clasp and unclasp it on the side sort of like a bra but more hooks, which is weird since I haven't won a regular bra since I was about 15 years old. My fiancee actually had to help me put it on the first time lol. This new one is also strange because it seems to kind of push my fat up making a new bulge. I thought that was very strange at first and didn't like it, but my fiancee says it actually makes it look like I have pecs. The underworks one on the other hand just kind of flattens you out entirely. 2 things about the new one that I definitely like more than the underworks one: it is made of a thinner material and is less hot in the summer, and it seems to have less obvious seams so it shows less through thin t-shirts. And it's just much easier to put on besides the clasps.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd also like to mention that you should avoid the super cheap ($10) binders you can get on ebay. They're not the best to wear, let alone safe, and you could hurt yourself. The last thing you want is a broken rib or any sort of back injury.

15. thepandaboss

I'm still an Underworks guy but lot of that's because it's the only thing I bind with. Tri-top's personal thing, full size binders never worked on me, thanks to big gut, the way they should have.

I'll bind with the Magicotton binder (it's marketed as a sport's bra but let's not kid ourselves gentlemen, it's a legit binder) when I need something that still binds but is a little lower impact, perfect for around the house. Tri top's for when I need to leave the house since it's tighter and gets me slighter flatter.

But yeah, I'd be careful with cheap, $10 binders too. I've heard mixed things about them. No doubt that they work for some guys, especially if you're on the smaller size, but just bind carefully and watch out.

#15 thepandaboss, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  16. Delta

They "work" but they're on par with how Ace bandages "work". Imo, they won't ever get you flat enough to justify the danger.

17. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, are the pricier ones, like, not dangerous?

18. thepandaboss

Binders from companies like Underworks and GC2B are usually safer because they're designed in a way that compresses chest tissue while still allowing the wearer to breathe and not putting undue pressure on the ribs. They flex where they're supposed to basically and that's what you want in a good binder. Lot of the cheaper binders are tight without giving the wearer any "give".

19. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the underworks full length one in size small and I used to have an x small. I tried a gc2b half length but it was too small, didn't bind as well and was extremely uncomftable. Not sure if it was the size or just the style though. So for now I will say I prefer the underworks, although it has started ripping after about 5 months and it has stretched a lot.

20. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I must say, I don't think the new one I got would be very effective if you are larger chested. But I am a 34C and it is more comfortable than my underworks binder. It seems more elastic.