1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling Family I bind

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by non, May 26, 2016.

1. non

non

Okaaaay so this is kinda a weird one but I've recently come out to my mum and she's been okay with it- taking her time to understand but trying hard. I bind when I'm not at home, so like in college and stuff. But i really want to bind at home and I'm terrified of her seeing/having to tell her why certain parts of my body are not there, what binding is, why I do it and that I got a binder ages ago.. any tips?

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think if you have already come out to her this shouldn't surprise her too much. Depending on how chesty you are she might not notice at all. I've been binding at home for like a week and my fiancee didn't notice until she felt a seam under my shirt and asked what it was.

3. ThatOneAlien

I would just start binding and see what happens. I've only had a couple people say anything to me, everyone else either hasn't noticed or hasn't said anything. If she does ask, just explain your dysphoria to her. Since you're already out and she's ok with it, it should be fine, if a little awkward.