1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found out my mother already knew...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by irissakata, May 26, 2016.

1. irissakata

Hi everyone!

Today I was visiting my mother, and we where talking about a lot of things, and eventually we got to the topic of my mental well being, and somehow we got to the topic where she admitted that she already knew I identify as female, and to be honest, I feel completely flabbergasted. I didn't know how to respond, so I told her I prefer to talk about it at another time because I absolutely was not ready.

To get into it a little further, last year I came out to my dad, and apparently he also told my mom (they are divorced), my mom told me she knew and tried to bring up the topic in a subtle way on several occasions. To be honest on one side I'm very grateful for my dad telling my mom, but it feels like it would have been more personal if I told her myself, as I was planning on doing so eventually. But it certainly is a huge burden off of my shoulders, especially since she said she accepts me no matter what as I am her child.

It happened when we where outside in the backyard, so I wasn't capable of expressing my emotions, even though on the inside I was so relieved when she said she accepts me. When we where inside I also admitted I was bisexual and she didn't mind.

Well this brings me a huge step closer to my transition ^_^

Thank you very much for reading this, and I hope you all have a amazing day (*hug*)

Iris

#1 irissakata, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well damn, that's quite the story. Sort of sounds like my story a little but your mom seemed more open at first than mine. The hard part is over.

3. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's amazing! So happy for you <3

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    My mom was kind of the same, like, she said she knew that [I was LGBT] (word by word she was more vague than that). I was also surprised when I heard that. ^^

5. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One step closer!! I know it didn't happen the way you wanted it to, but it's out there now! Own it, girl! (*hug*)

6. irissakata

just woke up to reading your very sweet comments, thank you very much for that!(*hug*)
    And to be honest I'm really happy about it now, because before I was uncertain about my transition, but as both of my parents know now, I'm very confident in wanting to transition and can't wait, and also very glad as my first appointment with the gender therapist is in July ^_^

7. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so excited for you! Your first gender therapy appointment is an exhilarating day! :slight_smile:

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

mine too. I can empathize with that feeling. (*hug*) so glad your parents took everything so well, that's fantastic.

#8 looking for me, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm jealous. My biggest fear is telling my mom even though I am 23 and her reaction wouldn't affect my safety or financial well being. I can only imagine how scary it might be for someone who is still under their parents supervision. Though I almost wish I was young enough that she could write it off as a phase so she could just slowly realize I wasn't going to change my mind. At my age I think it will be taken quite seriously and I am not ready for a serious conversation...

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had the nerve to speak to my parents about being bi gender. telling them I am bi sexual was nerve wracking enough, although they took it well.

11. irissakata

I indeed am certainly very excited, but also quite nervous to be honest. And reading everyone's comments and just being on this forum really helps me get a smile on my face each day, because the people here are do nice and supportive and honestly in my opinion the most amazing people I ever met! So I'm so grateful to be able to be part of this amazing community! I hope once I'm a little bit more stable myself that I also will be able to help everyone on here ^_^