1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TG Women, How your experiences in public feels like ? ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LadyLikeDream, May 30, 2016.

1. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I believe that everyone regardless of there gender they experience good and bad days in there life.
    But when it comes to Trans Gender Women , the bad days can be so tough to deal with because there's still the vast majority of people, men and women who won't respect other people freedom
    I'm sure it feels wonderful when you're accepted as a trans
    but how do you feel when you are not accepted by "some of the people" you deal with in ur day to day life, such when you want try this nice dress in the fitting room, or buy your grocery and so, and how it affect your confidence and your mood overall when you go out as a woman?

Despite the fact that i had some bad days while being myself in public, i always remind myself that i have been pleasing other people for so many years, while i'm so unhappy in inside , i've had several suicidal thoughts in the past, until i realized that nobody will care about me Or how i feel in inside but myself
    I've been a full time TG for over a year now, and i Love it!
    I still think being a Trans is the best thing in my entire life!

What other TG think of there time in the public!

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It depends on where you are. In my small home town I don't dare express myself fully. In bigger cities, though, sure. If someone looks, let them.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had nothing but positive experiences minus the one time I was yelled at for being a big bitch (IE wearing heels while being 6'1 in the first place, but at least I was a woman).

I get properly gendered and other times people come up to me to tell me how pretty I am or that they respect and are proud of me.

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly, transgender women, I think you guys (gals) are some of the bravest things I"ve ever seen in human society. Don't know how you have the courage to dress as your true gender in public. It's hard enough on the days when I'm feeling trans and I don't have the courage to do it. Rock on.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Thanks, Foxfeather, you rock on too friend. :music:

6. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been increasingly working on going full-time... I can't at work yet because of the stupid name-change thing and my bar license, etc but when I go out, I'm at a solid 80-90% en femme, I'd say.

I've had a mix of reactions. On one side: the awkward looks on the street, to the repeated sideways glances across a bar, the looks and the the quick whisper in the ear of the friend who also looks... Yeah. Seen 'em.

On the other side, I've seen smiles, and "hi's" and doors being held open, and longer looks that were definitely not judgy. :wink: As oogly as they were, they were kind of nice in a weird way.

LadyLikeDream, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said:

Boom. These people who give us the evil eye or sideways glances... Screw 'em. Their opinion doesn't matter in the slightest, in the truest sense. Sure, it feels good to be accepted, but why let these ignorant d-bags ruin our day.

I say, own it. Walk with confidence and pride. Sashay your butt like that street is yours and flirt with the bartender. :wink:

As Queen Bey says "Who runs the world? Girls."

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people give me long looks. But those have almost always resulted in no comment or if it was a comment it was "you're so brave" or "I respect you" or stuff like that.

There was only one time someone ever called me out was a foreigner (she had a thick Russian accent). She whispered "I think that's a man", in an elevator I was in. I heard it and turned around and glared at her so fucking hard. She tried not to look at me and her husband cowered behind her. The rest of the elevator was like "ooooh shiiiit it's going down".

8. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm glad that you have positive experiences , positive experience give more confidence, and i wouldn't really worry about being tall if i where you , there's many tall girls out there .

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 01:51 AM ----------

That's true, I find it hard to dress as a full time women and deal with the surrounding people who know me as a Guy, i used try to avoid dealing with them , it's been over a year now, somehow they start to get used to it :slight_smile: they still pronoun me as "Sir , Brother" though, i can just guess it will take some more time for them to fully recognize me as a women.