1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I officially hate clothes shopping (rant)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fairyglitter, May 30, 2016.

1. Fairyglitter

Out Status:
    Some people
    I went shopping for summer clothes today. I fit in nothing I liked, which would be "male" clothes. As AFAB and with quite the curvy figure, I have a very hard time finding clothes I like that fit. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could possibly do, I'm all ears.

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if you just found some less "girly" women's clothes and simply went up a size(or 2) more than normal?

3. Fairyglitter

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking of doing that. It's probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks :slight_smile:

4. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry your experience was bad. I've just started trying to shop for more androgynous clothes too and it can be difficult.

I agree with finding slightly bigger men's clothes, but I'd also suggest googling androgynous models or going on Pinterest to find styles and looks you like. Some clothing like baggy sweaters, denim jackets, flannel shirts and corduroy trousers are fairly gender neutral and may conceal a more feminine figure.

Thrift or second-hand stores can also be good places to find good cheap stuff that you can get tailored later if necessary.

Don't give up just yet - good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just can't buy women shoes any longer.

I need regular fit and European XL at least. It's manageable but I'm too curvy for my liking. I hardly got any formal clothes - those I got I had to shorten.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh dear this is worrying... I still haven't been allowed the freedom to shop men's yet, I hope this is not a problem for me. But tbh I have guys t shirts and they're fine because they're a bit oversized. I think you probably just have to work out some styles that you can wear a bit baggy.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also quite curvy, although I managed to lose a couple of pounds of fat recently. You can find some masculine looking stuff in the women's section too, like knee length black or navy blue shorts, that looks quite nice and fits the butt. There are lots of clothes like this, like plain t-shirts. Sneakers. Shirts in the women's section also fit and you can find nice plain or patterned ones. Just look for the "androgynous style" or "menswear inspired" or "unisex line" clothes. That's more a question of style than section.

8. Irisviel

you can always go for the tactical look, something from the paramilitary department. Those are unisex but fitted for female or male bodies, so if you like that style, it would work for you.

#8 Irisviel, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016