1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask me questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Jun 2, 2016.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've finally got the ticket to go on T, but I'm still unsure so I'm waiting. Mostly I'm just worrying that t isnt gonna make me feel like myself, but I'm even worrying that maybe I'm not ftm. I know my info thing says agender, but I'm still switching between that and trans male. I'm just not sure...so I was hoping you guys could ask me questions to help me work out my gender and if going on T is going to be right for me? Thanks

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

See, if your biological gender is female and you're switching between male and agender you should start T, because there's nothing female in your identity and then your body will represent that.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But I'm not even sure there is no female in me. Agender and trans male seem to be the most likely because they feel like they fit me the most, but my uncertainty is constantly shifting and sometimes I feel like maybe I am actually female, or at least somewhat. I just need to be more certain before I make irreversible changes :/

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think about the changes T will bring. Ignoring gender, how do you feel about each of these changes?

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this. Your actual gender is fairly irrelevant in deciding whether or not to take hormones. Will you feel less dysphoric with the changes caused by T? Will you feel more comfortable with how you are seen and treated socially after taking T? Make a list of pros and cons. Which changes do you want and which don't you want? Are the ones you want worth it?

6. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The changes from T will make me less dysphoria because my mind expects my body to look a lot more masculine. I would feel comftable with all the changes that t brings because I want to be overal more male looking. I am less comftable with the social changes. I don't want to feel more alienated from my friends who are mostly girls. I am also uncomftable because it will mean that guys will be more likely to make an effort to be friends with me than girls but really I am much more comftable around girls. So I am very worried that I won't fit in with guys or that I will be too awkward and nervous and blow my chances. If none of the social stuff matters then I would be rearing to start.

Aha! Thanks guys I think I just had an epiphany! I want to LOOK male,with male body and everything, but socially I want to be treated as neutral. So it WOULD make sense to call myself agender but ftm because I my body would be male. I think....but saying that, I think I'd feel ore comftable being treated socially as male than female. It may just be a case of getting used to it I guess.

#6 jaska, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016