1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social+Mental dysphoria=Frequent depression

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by h4zey, Jun 2, 2016.

1. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    As the title states. I'm FTM maybe a little nonbinary. More so FTM though. I sometimes get some bad chest dysphoria. But, recently for the past few weeks or so depression has really been hitting me harder than before. I'm stuck because I don't to start T because of the risks and stuff. Some changes I don't really care for but on some days those changes sound kinda nice! I don't want this depression anymore it's annoying and so is the "low confidence" but I think T isn't for me and I'm not ready to lose family and put a lot of risks to my health. I'm also not looking into getting a hysto *if* I get on T - and I might just go on T for 6 months to a year. Hmm, they'll be consequences if I stop though... I don't know what to do anymore. :confused::bang:

2. AaronV

First of all, your you're still valid if you chose not to go on T. I'm just curious what you mean by health risks, could you maybe explain that?

3. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you talk to your doctor about stopping, you'd be able to stop safely. I know a guy who went on t for nine months, then stopped. You could easily start t and then stop it after you feel like enough changes have happened.

4. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    well, going on T and getting even more high blood pressure (mine's already high and it's genetics) also I wanted to do T 6 months to 1 year but do I need to get a hysto, am I at risk? Even if I won't take T for years.

5. AaronV

I've yet to hear that going on T gives you a higher blood pressure but maybe that's my own fault. You'll generally consult doctors before going on T (such as an endocrinologist) and they'll check if you're able to start T beforehand.

There's an ongoing debate whether not having a hysto leads to a higher risk of getting cancer or not. The problem is that there haven't been a lot (if any) long term studies on transmen and how hormones effect the body over many years. Some doctors recommend a hysto, others think it's unnecessary. The majority of transmen I know chose not to have a hysto, because it can lead to complications, but it's a decision everybody has to make for themselves. If you make sure to have regular checkups you should be fine.