1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to hide my breasts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShaeShay, Jun 3, 2016.

1. ShaeShay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wonder if there is a way to hide my breasts. I hate it when others identify me as female because of these lumps attached to my chest. It's going to be hard to hide them since they're big.

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're in a situation where you can purchase binders, that's the popular and best option as far as I've heared..
    If you can't buy one, I don't know..
    I'm not trans myself and I'm only going of what I've heared

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wearing more layers such as a camisole and hoodie, buying a binder (love boat, GC2B and underworks are best, avoid ebay or amazon) can both reduce the appearance of breasts.

The clothing you wear and your hair can also change how people perceive your gender (even though gender expression has nothing to do with gender identity).

When you meet new people, if you feel comfortable, if they call you a "woman" just correct them saying "actually, I'm a guy''. If you're worried about prejudice, you don't have to mention you're trans, they might have just gotten it wrong (which they did).

4. Delta

If they're big, buying a binder is your best bet. But layering is a good way to start. Certain button ups hang off people in the same way regardless of breasts, so try to find those, thrift stores can save you a lot of money while you figure out what you like.

But just a quick warning, just hiding your chest won't be enough to make people see you as male. If you're not in a position to acquire hormones or you don't want hormones, makeup can help you subtly masculinize your face. I hope you find a presentation that works well to make you feel like yourself soon. Good luck!

5. Really

A bra like this will smoosh you down. Not totally but compression sports bras tend to eliminate definition.