1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I behave?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skroala, Jun 3, 2016.

1. skroala

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A few months ago I've discovered that I'm transgender. I've told my best friend about it and she's supporting me but recently I've started to feel scared, I'm wondering how am I supposed to come out to my family, how will people react, how do I change my pronouns from she/her to he/his, do I have to use female form while being in public? Also my fears are getting lit up by the way people are looking at me and a thing that my friend told me, he said that most of the people knows that I'm trans so I've started to avoid unnecessary contacts with classmates or just everyone.

Is there something I could do about it? How am I supposed to behave while I'm with others?

also sorry for my poor english

2. Christine

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am willing to help in anything that I can, I have been out to everyone except my extended family.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

How I went out to my family, I was direct. I admitted it, and told my mom. Because people know already, you are saved from telling people. Think of it like you have a step done for you. And, if you are more comfortable with a male expression, use it. I use a female expression. I also dress androgynously. I would suggest to do the same until you have some male clothes.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:57 PM ----------

pronouns is a association question. Just get used to calling yourself a male, and then he/him pronouns will follow.

3. skroala

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've cut my hair already and I was always wearing male clothes so some people are actually thinking that I'm a boy. But still I am afriad that parents won't be so open minded and open hearted after losing their daughter... Is there a way to prepare them for it?

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I don't know, but do some changes. Probably get a sports bra and boxershorts. I did these changes prior to telling my parents and first told my mum and she said that she had expected something like that. But don't expect to much about pronouns. It will take time for them to get used to it.

5. Christine

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    that's where I'm stuck. my mum is slowing me down from my plan.

6. skroala

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I think that they're starting to suspect something, but I've got a feeling that my ma is trying to make me feel girly and all... It kinda hurts and she's only making it harder for me to come out. Dad doesn't seem to me affected with anything but he's the one that I fear the most because he lives with stereotypes and ma is christian