1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast Reduction/Removal??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LizzerDizzer, Jun 3, 2016.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm Jenna, a bigender (leaning more on male) 17 year old and I hate my breasts!
    I have the cup size of 32DDD and for a while I have been feeling pretty neutral towards my breasts, I use binders when I'm a boy and I use normal bras for when I'm a girl, but recently I began to resent them to a point of seriously considering getting them removed when I am able (age and money wise). So far there seems to only be pros to getting them removed, like no more bras, I can look more like a boy, etc. but I know there has to be cons, I just dont know what they are.
    I'm hoping that there is someone here that has gotten a reduction/removal or knows someone close who has gotten the procedure so they can tell me if it's really worth it or not. I need all the help I can get when it comes to this.

Thanks!

2. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes no difference if other people tell you they thought it was worth it because this is about YOU. It is different for everyone. Even if another bigender person said they got that surgery and they thought it was worth it (or vice versa) doesn't mean that YOU will think it was worth it. Because everyone is different and needs different things to feel comftable and happy. You just have to focus on yourself and what is right for you only :icon_wink :thumbsup:

#2 jaska, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope this thread gets more responses to help you out. Me personally, I say it might be worth looking into. If you mention that your chest has been causing you neck and back pain, maybe you get it covered with insurance (if you have any).

4. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what I meant with whether the surgery is worth it or not is if there will be a lot of problems after the surgery/procedure. I never had any surgery or procedure of any kind done on me (I'm a pretty healthy kid) so I just don't want to jump blindly into a major procedure like breast reduction.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The pros and cons are something you'd have to weigh with your surgeon if you choose to go that route. One of the biggest risks I know of (especially with top surgery) are developing hematomas and even tissue death--especially if you're a smoker.

Surgery is a pretty big decision, so I'd say maybe exploring the possibility of binding could be your best option until you figure out where you stand on the issue.