1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I had never even thought about it.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pistachio, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every day my gender dysphoria gets worse and worse.
    It's intensified so quickly since I started trying to figure out my identity and I'm thinking about it more and more all the time..

I feel it everywhere.

I notice everything.

It's torture.

I honestly wish nothing more than to never think these thoughts or feel these feelings again.
    And I wish I had never felt them in the first place, either.

When I realized I like girls, it was fine. I sometimes beat myself up for it, but in the end I was okay with it. Lots of people around me were the same way. Most of my friend group had recently come out as bi or pan. It was nice to be a bit different, and it gave me somewhere to belong, as shallow as that all sounds. It became a part of what made me.. Me, even, to the point where now, the thought of me being straight after all.. Is, well.. Almost upsetting to me.

All I want is to erase every single mildly dysphoric thought that has crossed my mind, that developed into this mess I've made for myself.
    I have no idea where any of it is coming from.
    I can't tell if it's real, or if I'm somehow psyching myself out.

I almost want the euphoria away to.
    I hate the fact that I felt that crazy rush when I saw myself with after I cut my hair off.
    I hate the satisfaction binding for the first time filled me with.

It just makes it harder.

Would I still feel like this if I had never watched all of those FtM trans YouTube videos and read all those articles?
    Would I still feel like this if I had kept it to myself?
    Would I still feel like this if I had just let it be for Gods sakes??

I feel just as shitty talking about it as I do when I bring up my depression or anxiety.
    Like its something to be ashamed of. Like it makes everybody uncomfortable and none of them understand.
    Like I've said too much. Like I wish I couldn't even talk so that nobody would have to deal with me.

I have friends who are gender queer, agender, gender neutral, genderfluid.. But I don't think even they get it.
    Even my only FtM trans friend.. He doesn't really connect with me on it. I don't think he has much dysphoria at all. One day he just said- I'm confused right now and I'd be more comfortable with he/him pronouns.
    And that was that.
    Nothing wrong with it of course.
    I just feel really alone.

Man I don't know.. Maybe none of this makes any sense.
    I don't know who I am or where I'm going.
    I don't want to leave the house tomorrow.

I just want my peace of mind back.

#1 Pistachio, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man, I would've related to this so hard back in October and November. It seems to me that there's a pattern of intensified dysphoria whenever trans people first begin discovering their identities; it happened with me. As for wishing you wouldn't have discovered trans things at all, I get that too. Things seemed so simple before I had to constantly worry about my gender.

But worse than anything else is repression. Repression, ignoring that you are trans, forcing yourself to live as your assigned gender. Being transgender can be hell at times, but delaying the discovery process is even worse. It might be awful now, but I promise you that things get better even if you feel like they won't. Take things one day at a time, and do your best with coping. Music, exercise, art, poetry, writing- whatever your thing is. Do your best to live now, and you'll feel better with it later.

I've lived that experience and I am still navigating the treacherous oceans of being trans. Hang in there. If you need anything feel free to message me, as well. (*hug*)

3. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much Cody <:') (*hug*)

#3 Pistachio, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Glowing Eyes

I feel almost exactly like this on some days when my dysphoria is just horrible. I do wish I never felt my feelings but in the sense that I wish I was AFAB which wouldn't cause me to have these feelings.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I often wish I just had either been born female, or just never had dysphoria, too. Or at least not this much. It's only natural to dream about more pleasant what-if scenarios in times of great burden and pain.
    Even now I'm not sure whether it's possible for me to perhaps come to terms with my jealousy toward women and accept a role as a feminine guy, or if transition is necessary for me to feel contentment about my gender. I will make sure to work on myself a bit, that I may perceive more clearly my heart's true intent.

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Addictive, isn't it?

You would be living inside your own head if you kept it to yourself, and living with other people is crucial to the quality of life

Don't say that. It's okey to feel all those things. That THEY don't understand - it doesn't mean there is something wrong with YOU, or that you should beat yourself up. You always have us to talk about that stuff, that's what EC is for.

I've been getting this a lot lately too: but I've seen a video I can't find now, in which the guy was talking whole 10 minutes that it's okey to not know who you are, and accepting not knowing who you are, saying to yourself "I am a person who does not know who they are", that's an option and good too. It's okey to not know - that's how they world is that we don't know, we need to explore everything to see.

Nobody in my closest environment understands what I'm going through either, but it's important to just isten to your heart, I guess, and if you know in your heart that that the sun is yellow, and someone says the sun is blue, f*ck the blue sun, the sun is yellow.

I recently was talking to my parents about my pain, and they didn't want to acknowledge what I'm going through and why, they kept on interpreting everything how they want and not hear what I'm saying to them even in no uncertain terms. It's really difficult.

I know this feeling. You're right if you know it in your heart, f*ck the blue sun.

What I did was dive into the dysphoria, dive into the pain and see how deep the rabbit hole goes, and it goes far, dyphoria shows the truth, you realise that there is no spoon and it bends. You realise the truth, fuse with Agent Smith, blow him up from the inside and fly away. Although it feels like Neo going out of Matrix. You think it can't be real, but it's freezing cold and it swallows you and what you see just when you first wake up just seems surreal and scares the shit out of you. I also like how Neo touches the mirror with disbelief, baffled, I did that so many times, because I realised something was wrong with my reflection, but I didn't know what exactly.

#6 Mihael, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your replies Margo and Ara. I'm sorry you have to go through these feelings as well, but at least none of us are really alone. <3

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2016 at 02:41 PM ----------

And thank you Emerry. Your insight is very comforting to me :astonished:

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope I wasn't too self-centred and that I hit it right? If not, I'm sorry, Tony... :/

9. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, you got it :')

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sigh of relief*

(*hug*)

11. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people

(*hug*)

12. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Reliving old treads but, WHAT THE F***?

I've felt this over the recent years when i was on denial (sometimes i had some flaws about "wanting to be the girl i've always been"). You know, feeling that sometimes you can't move on with your life anymore and you want to throw all your transgender feelings to the garbage, but you can't.
    Your life it becomes so painful and fake, that you only want to escape from the world and never get back.

13. AmyBee

The more you deny the more insistent or intrusive the thoughts will be. I know it's hard. Things are triggery and you just want to get on with your life. I think you just have to ride it out like you would a cold. And honestly, I doubt transition will completely end dysphoric thoughts. A writer I follow on Twitter who is super out and transiting was tweeting about her dysphoria coming on strong just today. I felt bad for her like I do when anyone's uncomfortable with their body because I'm there a lot, too, but at the same time I felt comforted. I mean if someone as awesome as she is feels that way, too, then we're all not doing this alone. And isolation and being inside yourself too much also intensifies these feelings! Anyway, you're among a lot of people who feel similar ways and we can all talk it out and deal with it together... I hope!

14. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ha, yay to old threads!!

Thank you two.. I'm feeling a little less freaked out now, and I'm moving towards self acceptance.. But I'm still rather stuck. And it's hard not to doubt the validity of these feelings, especially when I see so many people who have dysphoria that is crippling, and makes them want to die. Mine isn't nearly that bad, if it's even gender dysphoria at all. It's just feeling sad and uneasy about things that shouldn't make me feel like that. It's feeling mismatched and out of place when I shouldn't. Whatever's going on, I'm just trying to take it one step it a time. Riding it out, as you said, and slowly moving forwards. :')

15. AmyBee

Good! Always around when you need to talk it out!

16. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I appreciate that.