1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out... and...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by h4zey, Jun 5, 2016.

1. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Sorry if I posted this earlier or in the wrong section ^^:wink:

Alright, I've been thinking on "coming out" for a long time. I'm scared that I'll regret coming out though. I want to come out as "FTM" but I don't want to end up somehow becoming "cis" later down the road. Also, with my family I feel as if the only way I'll be taken seriously is I have to start T otherwise I won't be "male" in my family's eyes. I suffer from very low self-esteem too so that makes it even more tough. :/

I fear taking T because of regret. And I don't want my top dysphoria to get worse while being on T because my body will take on more of a male shape and well.. u get what I mean. I get top dysphoria but not too often but I feel like it might get worse if I'm on T.

All in all, I'm frustrated because I'm not confident enough to say "I'm 100% FTM" to my family. Some days I think I'll only be happy if I get on T but I don't want T and there's a lot of the problem too. I just... deal with it. -Shrugs-

What do you guys think?

2. InternetFairy

I'm in the same boat! I have gotten really close to coming out before, but I get worried that I'll regret it etc. I'm 95% sure I'm trans now, so hopefully I can start sorting things out, but as for you I would suggest not coming out as trans until you're sure. Perhaps explaining to someone you know and trust what it is that you're going through would help you?