1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moms

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wondering if it's possible that my mom is the only person surprised I'm trans... Friends, I think I already wrote that on here a couple of times, but friends kept on suggesting me that maybe possibly I'm a guy and treat me like a guy. Dad, grandpa, aunt, cousins... all of them seem to be okey, and fine and dandy. I even became the favourite grandchild of my grandpa xP Mom, though... I don't know why... I feel like I'm not guy enough for her... I literally... sound like a male when I talk sex... I always have... I tried to talk about relationship stuff with her, I don't feel comfortable talking with dad, maybe that's a mistake. She keeps on feeling me guilty for talking with dad, and keeps on making me feel guilty for who I am if I talk with her.

Ugh. Is that another stage of social adjustment in transition? There is just so much to fix... :eusa_doh:

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still haven't talked to my mom about this at all yet, and who knows? Maybe she will be shockingly supportive? But I have a feeling she is going to be the only one who fights me on this. And yet I don't think she will be SURPRISED. She has actually asked me several times over the last few years if I am "trying to be a guy" but doesn't sound happy about it. So I think she may be concerned that I am trans. But yeah, I think in general moms are the hardest obstacle to overcome. My dad on the other hand would be more upset if I said I was a Christian XD

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom gets angry at my dad and me that I'm "copying" my dad, and she wanted to know why. Ever since I can remember. She has actually called me "he" several times. Because every once in a while I do something extremely stereotypically manly. But upset, yes, upset... She's always been upset about my "innocent" behaviour.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also feel that I have been copying my dad's behavior even waaaay before I knew I was trans. Sometimes my mom will say I am acting or looking just like my dad but not sound happy about it. But secretly it makes me happy

5. Synesthesia

I think my mum would understand after a while and I know at least that she's seen documentaries that included transgender people. My dad on the other hand... I know it wouldn't go down well. He's not very clued in and I still remember him saying once that he'd 'prefer if me and my brother aren't gay' he finds the idea of two people of the same sex kissing gross. He once walked into the room when I was watching Jennifers Body a few years ago when the two female characters kiss and actually said 'eww.' It's not even a moral thing for him, it seems like just his gut reaction. I somehow doubt he knows transmen exist, probably thinks transwomen are crossdressers and definitely won't have come across the term non-binary.

#5 Synesthesia, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents try to avoid it like the plague. :dry: