1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeover? How?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wondering... I don't feel bad about myself. I recognise myself in the mirror, which was not always the case. I don't know if it's true, if I'm not making it up, if it would fix anything, what I'm doing wrong... I feel like... people see me as somebody I'm not... I don't know why, I suspect it's the gender. I don't know how to overcome it. I dress quite tomboyish in my own opinion, but I'm not too good at picking up social nuances, I guess. I don't know - is it my behaviour, appearance, both? Do you think fixing the appearance would work? I'm considering getting more men's clothing for sure, changing the style a bit. I have no idea. Kind of one thing I'm thinking about would probably be like more... a bob haircut and mixed clothing, with pronounced masculinity...? My hair is very girly, it doesn't care for me damaging it. Second thing I'm thinking about is going fully guy, probably more emo kind of look. I'm quite hesitsant about going fully guy because big lips, almond eyes, cute nose, and round face. The facial features, it looks shaper with more make-up, honestly. I pass more with make-up. I can't do more about eyebrows, already thick. Which leads to the third thing: maybe more like... gothic chick? Please, no comments "just be yourself", it plain and simple doesn't work, it seems. It's not my body, I believe, I'm lanky, tall and have almost no boobs and square hips, sport does its impact... Also any ideas how to make your face thinner? Or make it seem thinner? Also, do you think it matters if a shirt is male or female if it doesn't hug and is dark? Any haircut ideas, inspirations? Mind the cheeks, though, I believe they need some coverage or fighting away. I look like a sweet innocent thing, and I'm not, and this is my problem, I think... At least I look much more sweet than I am. Any more androgynous ideas?

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2016 at 02:59 PM ----------

I'm sort of neither here nor there, I think. When I go to a girls' party, I don't look like quite like that, more unisex so to say... and still I get those reactions from guys thinking I'm this innocent "girl". Not too close, man... I know I have a bit of a problem with feminine clothing, I simply never was a tomboy, I don't know how to be that masculine, how to come across as this.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2016 at 03:00 PM ----------

There was a point in my life when I was super high femme...

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have about the same facial features as you. Idk how to make it look thin tho. I think you can use makeup but I'm not sure, I have almost never used makeup.

For the shirt, I think it definitely does not matter. As you said, as long as it doesn't hug and it's black ( I think any color would work too ), you can wear it and still look boyish.

I'm not that masculine too, trying to be more tho but I feel like I shouldn't because I'm kind of turning away from the real me. If you get what I mean. But I would change my physical appearance to look more like a guy.

Sorry this wasn't a lot of info, I wish you good luck! ^^